• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I can't believe she talks about patently wrong facts from the Leave side, given that both sides were as bad as each other!
    I agree. All the Remain threats that haven't happened.

Can you imagine the carnage that would occur if they actually tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      I agree. All the Remain threats that haven't happened.

Can you imagine the carnage that would occur if they actually tried this?
      Petition in to scrap the House of Lords, mass vote, referendum, save the country a fortune.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Here's the latest piece of good news.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

That's about 18 months out of date.

The announcement has just been made, but the planning for it has been going on for well over a year (that I an aware of)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            It's almost like some companies place more value on the skills base, and possibly language, of a country, instead of a pure "this will cost us a cent more per unit view".

Don't worry though, the observant cretin will be here soon to tell us all that really this is meaningless, and if anything it's a sign of how bad things are for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              That's about 18 months out of date.

The announcement has just been made, but the planning for it has been going on for well over a year (that I an aware of)
              Didn't you hear? A vote for Brexit would mean all of these projects bring cancelled and moved to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
                It's almost like some companies place more value on the skills base, and possibly language, of a country, instead of a pure "this will cost us a cent more per unit view".
                All the more reason why we should have embraced our position as the most skilled, English speaking, most business friendly part of the EU.

All the good news stories are things that would have happened anyway and we wouldn't have had the bad stuff that goes along with Brexit. "Better off in" was the Bremain argument, and so far none of you can come up with anything that suggests anything about Brexit has made anything better (apart from Gove being out of a job).
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
                  Didn't you hear? A vote for Brexit would mean all of these projects bring cancelled and moved to Germany.

I also heard that we now have £350million a week in savings and no more problems with immigration.

The thing is, the vote took place, a result happened but some people seem to think that after 5 weeks of nothing happening, there needs to be arguments on here multiple times per day about how wonderful or terrible the country has become as a result.

Nothing has changed, apart from the country being more divided and that division being propagated by those who are more interested in division than in trying to make this country a better place for all those who live here.
                  If the vitriolic energy of these threads was actually focussed on uniting rather than dividing, then perhaps things could improve.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh FFS, get on with it lads.

Just make sure that people with mental health issues, the likes of GB9, ShaunBhoy etc are no where near the negotiation tables

Comment

There is some very good news, personally, from Brexit.
                      Missus heads a legal and compliance team and the phone has been red hot from City law firms hiring in advance of the anticipated negotiations/compliance/legal bonanza.
                      Eye-wateringly generous packages on offer. I mean seriously, shockingly, high
                      She'll probably take one of the offers as it would be rude not to profit from Brexiteer tax-payers contributions.

Have to admit it has altered my view of Brexit somewhat

Advice to DA: forget IT or anything else, that, in most areas, will decline precipitously.
                      Focus on law/management consultancy placements, that's the boom area for the next 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X