• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I see. So you are just nipping back over the border to get your gurning filters degaussed on the National Health then?
    There's an extra 350 million a week available now, and you can't have used it all up with your bariatric surgery, mobility scooter and incontinence supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      There's an extra 350 million a week available now, and you can't have used it all up with your bariatric surgery, mobility scooter and incontinence supplies.
      Not yet, but I have made quite a dent in it!! And once I get my tummy tuck, and Suity's Lobotomy Bill comes in, there will be scant little left. You better get moving!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not yet, but I have made quite a dent in it!! And once I get my tummy tuck, and Suity's Lobotomy Bill comes in, there will be scant little left. You better get moving!!
        Suity's lobotomy was funded by EU money to keep him out of cross-border critical infrastructure projects. He's all yours now.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Suity's lobotomy was funded by EU money to keep him out of cross-border critical infrastructure projects. He's all yours now.
          He sought asylum. And we found him one. In Ballymena!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It never took place but nobody actually noticed.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Oh dear

UK handed Brexit downgrade warning by ratings agency S&P

Standard & Poor's (S&P) has listed a number of factors, including the possible threat of the pound losing its reserve currency status, that could lead it to a further downgrade of the UK's sovereign credit rating.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Possiblies, maybes, and mights. The refuge of the desparate! Brought to you by scooterscot!

Comment

Possiblies, maybes, and mights. The refuge of the desparate! Brought to you by scooterscot!

Morrissey is right - Brexit really is magnificent | Coffee House

This isn’t the first time Morrissey has praised Brexit and slammed those who libel Leavers. In August, he said he was shocked by the flat-out refusal of much of the media ‘to be fair enough to accept the final decision of the people’ simply because ‘this decision does not suit the establishment’. He railed against the BBC for ‘persistently smear[ing] people who voted Leave’, who are now largely presented as ‘irresponsible, drunken racists’. He’s not wrong. Since Brexit Day, since that glorious moment when 17.4m Brits voted against an institution that has plunged the Greek working classes into poverty, imposed unelected technocratic rule on Italy, and horribly insulted the plebs of France, Holland and Ireland after they dared to vote against its treaties — and they call this institution progressive! — it’s been open season on Leavers. They’re being blamed for everything from economic chaos (where?) to a supposed rise in hatred to shortages of Marmite. Enough. Brexiteers, it’s time to stand up to these barbs and slurs, to this demosphobia, and say: ‘Brexit was magnificent.’
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Morrissey is right - Brexit really is magnificent | Coffee House

This isn’t the first time Morrissey has praised Brexit and slammed those who libel Leavers. In August, he said he was shocked by the flat-out refusal of much of the media ‘to be fair enough to accept the final decision of the people’ simply because ‘this decision does not suit the establishment’. He railed against the BBC for ‘persistently smear[ing] people who voted Leave’, who are now largely presented as ‘irresponsible, drunken racists’. He’s not wrong. Since Brexit Day, since that glorious moment when 17.4m Brits voted against an institution that has plunged the Greek working classes into poverty, imposed unelected technocratic rule on Italy, and horribly insulted the plebs of France, Holland and Ireland after they dared to vote against its treaties — and they call this institution progressive! — it’s been open season on Leavers. They’re being blamed for everything from economic chaos (where?) to a supposed rise in hatred to shortages of Marmite. Enough. Brexiteers, it’s time to stand up to these barbs and slurs, to this demosphobia, and say: ‘Brexit was magnificent.’

He is a hard line right-winger and UKIP member and he has been accused of racism on a number of occasions. A typical Brexiter.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      he has been accused of racism on a number of occasions. A typical Brexiter.
                      Oh well, if he has been "accused" of it then he MUST be guilty. Trial by gossip simpleton.
                      You couldn't make it up.........unless you write for the Guardian of course!

Comment

Working...
                      X