• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Boomed!

    Nissan to build new models in Sunderland - BBC News

    Oops:

    EU-Canada summit scrapped as Belgium blocks Ceta trade deal - BBC News
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

    Comment


      Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Well, that is welcome good news in these troubling times. I wonder if the government did offer any guarantees (genuine question).

      Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chief executive, said government "support and assurances" allowed it to decide to make the two new cars in Sunderland.

      The decision will secure 7,000 jobs.

      Mr Ghosn said he welcomed prime minister Theresa May's "commitment to the automotive industry in Britain".

      Last month he warned that Nissan may not invest in the Sunderland plant unless the government guaranteed compensation for costs related to any new trade tariffs resulting from Brexit.

      Comment


        Belgians break EU-Canada deal deadlock - BBC News

        fancy that, what a surprise

        I'm alright Jack

        Comment


          Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Well, that is welcome good news in these troubling times. I wonder if the government did offer any guarantees (genuine question).
          Indeed. Nissan is a flagship manufacturing company and will be subsidised after Brexit.

          May promises to subside Nissan if necessary
          I'm alright Jack

          Comment


            Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Strange you din't post this one.

            Thousands of jobs are at risk after Vauxhall's US owner warned it could cut production in Europe, after taking a $400m from the Brexit vote.


            "Brexit: Thousands of Vauxhall jobs at risk as owner General Motors takes $400m loss from pound value crash"
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

            Comment


              Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              and will be subsidised after Brexit.
              Good. We need some government intervention to help rebuild the manufacturing capability.

              Comment


                Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Strange you din't post this one.

                Thousands of jobs are at risk after Vauxhall's US owner warned it could cut production in Europe, after taking a $400m from the Brexit vote.


                "Brexit: Thousands of Vauxhall jobs at risk as owner General Motors takes $400m loss from pound value crash"
                Stop talking the economy down FFS!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Strange you din't post this one.

                  Thousands of jobs are at risk after Vauxhall's US owner warned it could cut production in Europe, after taking a $400m from the Brexit vote.


                  "Brexit: Thousands of Vauxhall jobs at risk as owner General Motors takes $400m loss from pound value crash"
                  That's because the job cuts are more likely in Germany than the UK.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    That's because the job cuts are more likely in Germany than the UK.
                    He doesn't actually read anything he posts links to
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      That's because the job cuts are more likely in Germany than the UK.
                      That will teach the miserable, slant-eyed sausage-eating swine.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X