• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Won't be worth coming here soon.
    Oh yes it does, my hotel costs dropped by 20%
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      It might take some time, but you'll figure it out in the end
      Go on, tell me.

Comment

Probably because it's not happened.

My pension pot is up £40k. Does that make me poorer?
        It's not that straight forward.

Your pension ( and mine, and everyone's who's got plenty of FTSE100 exposure ) is soaring. My portfolio is soaring. I'm massively up, but then 60% of it is in dollars.

But when you try and convert your sterling assets into Euro's to spend in your retirement home in Portugal with SASGuru you'll find you cannot afford as many Piri-Piri Chicken dinners.

Right at the moment we're in a sweet-spot. Markets up, price inflation has not yet fed through. Petrol should start pushing up soon as the oil companies don't hold much inventory. That has a knock on effect on all businesses. They can absorb the costs for a certain time period but won't do so indefinitely.

If you were thinking of buying a BMW or new iPhone now is probably a good time.

Comment

I don't know much about this chap but he sounds a lot more composed than the rest of the EU muppets and Hollande etc.

Still on message but far less aggressive. Maybe one to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            It's not that straight forward.

Your pension ( and mine, and everyone's who's got plenty of FTSE100 exposure ) is soaring. My portfolio is soaring. I'm massively up, but then 60% of it is in dollars.

But when you try and convert your sterling assets into Euro's to spend in your retirement home in Portugal with SASGuru you'll find you cannot afford as many Piri-Piri Chicken dinners.

Right at the moment we're in a sweet-spot. Markets up, price inflation has not yet fed through. Petrol should start pushing up soon as the oil companies don't hold much inventory. That has a knock on effect on all businesses. They can absorb the costs for a certain time period but won't do so indefinitely.

If you were thinking of buying a BMW or new iPhone now is probably a good time.
            I appreciate it's not that simple but as of now the gain in pension massively outweighs the potential loss.

I won't be buying any more German cars until we have a deal. I love porsche but will not be getting a new one until everything is sorted.

Fuel is unavoidable but the actual cost of the refined petrol is only a proportion of the overall cost.

If the message the moaners is trying to give is that prices will go up then yes, I'm sure they will. But we can mitigate that to an extent.

Comment

I won't be buying any more German cars until we have a deal. I love porsche but will not be getting a new one until everything is sorted. .
              That'll teach em!

Meanwhile the contractor in the carpark will stand out..

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                That'll teach em!

Meanwhile the contractor in the carpark will stand out..

Well, if everyone did then it probably would teach them.

As I said, I love the cars although I don't take mine on site. But why pay more for a car than I need to. And when tariffs kick in the Germans will really struggle to sell to us.

Comment

Songs that British traders are probably not dancing to today

Right round - 'you spin my head right round right round when you go down'
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well, if everyone did then it probably would teach them.

As I said, I love the cars although I don't take mine on site. But why pay more for a car than I need to. And when tariffs kick in the Germans will really struggle to sell to us.
                    That's the spirt. Why pay more... Some might argue it's the currency that's killed your chances of affording a Porsche!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      That's the spirt. Why pay more... Some might argue it's the currency that's killed your chances of affording a Porsche!
                      Not killed. Just better value available. And when tariffs kick in then eu vehicles become disproportionately more expensive than others.

Comment

Working...
                      X