• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    From your comment your thoughts appear to be ideological. The only time I see such passion is normally a result of childhood indoctrination by parents. These English you speak of aren't some population separated by thousands of miles a la Russia and America. They have been your partners in a 300-year-old union. Oh, and you might want to mention Wales and Northern Ireland, the latter who are far more distinct politically than Scotland.
    indeed - the plastic Scots seem to hate the English but not their money sad really. Plenty of lovely Scots who I'm happy to share a union with.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      From your comment your thoughts appear to be ideological. The only time I see such passion is normally a result of childhood indoctrination by parents. These English you speak of aren't some population separated by thousands of miles a la Russia and America. They have been your partners in a 300-year-old union. Oh, and you might want to mention Wales and Northern Ireland, the latter who are far more distinct politically than Scotland.
      Oh tosh. This is typical of a southerner professing to know the country inside out and never gone further north than Epsom. Even the north of England and it's people see the world quite different from those in the South.

At its very basic level there's a sense of entitlement in most parts of the country that you don't recognise in the north. They just suck it up and get on with it. Other parts of the country will continue to get themselves into debt with no regard for the future. That drives me bonkers.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        indeed - the plastic Scots seem to hate the English but not their money sad really. Plenty of lovely Scots who I'm happy to share a union with.
        "Their money" - that's the sense of entitlement I'm talking about. It's not your money if you keeping printing it out of thin air whilst borrowing it from creditors in other parts of the world.

Were there no QE, or borrow back of bonds, kick back, starter home loan, whatever packages the country would get really fair quick sharp. Suddenly there would be no them and us. Ironically I think this is what Brexit might bring.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Oh tosh. This is typical of a southerner professing to know the country inside out and never gone further north than Epsom. Even the north of England and it's people see the world quite different from those in the South.

At its very basic level there's a sense of entitlement in most parts of the country that you don't recognise in the north. They just suck it up and get on with it. Other parts of the country will continue to get themselves into debt with no regard for the future. That drives me bonkers.
          At the end of the day Scottish nationalism still is nationalism with all it's racial stereotypes and bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            At the end of the day Scottish nationalism still is nationalism with all it's racial stereotypes and bigotry.
            You can't force integration upon people. You'd think the empire would have learnt something from the olden days. And when they reject it they're called everything under the sun.

Comment

"Their money" - that's the sense of entitlement I'm talking about. It's not your money if you keeping printing it out of thin air whilst borrowing it from creditors in other parts of the world.

Were there no QE, or borrow back of bonds, kick back, starter home loan, whatever packages the country would get really fair quick sharp. Suddenly there would be no them and us. Ironically I think this is what Brexit might bring.
              ok lets solve the Barnet Formula!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You can't force integration upon people. You'd think the empire would have learnt something from the olden days. And when they reject it they're called everything under the sun.
                That again sounds like out argument for leaving the EU. Are you now in agreement that leaving is correct as you can't force integration on people who don't want it?

Comment

Roger Germany, understand your concerns Over and Out
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    That again sounds like out argument for leaving the EU. Are you now in agreement that leaving is correct as you can't force integration on people who don't want it?
                    I've nothing wrong with a currency union, a single market, free movement of people who pay their way. Political similarities are important but must slower than slow in the making, they've been the principle reason for peace in Europe those past several decades.

Comment

free movement of people who pay their way.
                      But the EU doesn't provide the 'pay their way' clause. Just free movement.

I would happily back free movement linked to a service that was agreed in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X