• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Accept defeat graciously.
    This isn't a talent show.
    If Brexit doesn't work, the people who will be most affected are the demographic who voted for it i.e. "won".
    One certain effect of the Brexit vote which no one seems to be speaking of is the way the Tory party have abandoned fiscal prudence a.k.a. balancing the books.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      One certain effect of the Brexit vote which no one seems to be speaking of is the way the Tory party have abandoned fiscal prudence a.k.a. balancing the books.
      That is 3 "cretin moments" in a day SAS . What is going on?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Of maybe it is happening but to a sensible time frame.

You and your Independent reading leftie mates need to understand you had your chance and blew it, despite having massive odds in your favour. I suspect if you took away the project fear threats and lies which have been proven as just that, the vote would have been even more conclusive. If you ran the campaign now you would have difficulty repeating any of your claims without people just laughing at you.

Accept defeat graciously. Not like a spoilt brat. Get on with your life and do something meaningful for society.

I didn't run any campaign. I read the literature and saw through the lies of the £350 million for the NHS, the power of unelected civil servants etc, and realised that if the referendum went the way of Brexit, they would quickly have to retract or hide all the promises/pledges they made and hope that their Daily Mail reading supporters would forget it quickly.

Defeat was accepted, but the group who supported exiting the EU have done nothing to bring the exit about. You're happy to complain (incessantly) about "bremoaners", and claim that anything positive which has happened in the last 2 months is because of Brexit.
        As yet, Brexit has not happened.
        Nothing has changed.
        Until it starts to happen all these claims about the nirvana we are now living in are just plain false.

As for "Project Fear", let me quote from the Brexit website...
        "If we vote to stay in the EU...
        1. The EU will cost us more and more (along side a graphic of people moving to the UK)
        2. Immigration will continue to be out of control (graphic of barbed wire with people crawling through it)
        3. We'll have to keep bailing out the Euro
        4. The European Court will still be in charge of our laws"

Point 1 is false/unproven (but a good bit of fear mongering)
        Point 2 is nothing to do with Britain being in or out of the EU. The "Leave" claim was not specifically about the EU, but who cares, Nigel Farage can use the pictures Hitler used and it will appeal to his supporters.
        Point 3 is false (but a good bit of fear mongering) https://fullfact.org/europe/will-uk-...zone-bailouts/
        Point 4 is false (but a good bit of fear mongering) - click on "Click here for more claims" https://fullfact.org/europe/vote-lea...eaflet-eu-law/
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          This isn't a talent show.
          If Brexit doesn't work, the people who will be most affected are the demographic who voted for it i.e. "won".
          So nothing for you to worry your empty little head about then.
          Que sera etc.
          Let it go FFS!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Let it go FFS!

I have - a long time ago.
            It's just dull listening to whinging Brexiteers now - wish they'd get on with it.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is being 'got on with'. These things will take time to get everything in place to undo the last 40 years. Of course you'd rather we just jumped straight in and fail just to appease your inherent bitterness.
              I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
                It is being 'got on with'. These things will take time to get everything in place to undo the last 40 years. Of course you'd rather we just jumped straight in and fail just to appease your inherent bitterness.

It will take a long time to reach the end game position, but so far in the last 2 months all we've had is the politicians who backed leave have all left/taken a back seat. So, unless their ideas came from unelected people who were guiding them, then who is providing the current government with the direction it requires to fulfil the tasks which 52% of the country asked them to do?

Comment

No that was the state in July, things have moved on considerably since then I am sorry to inform you. Have you missed August?

Boris now has a front seat in negotiations, for better or worse.
                  I get up...

Comment

Boris now has a front seat in negotiations, for better or worse.
                    I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him perform
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you missed August?

Spent most of it working in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                      X