• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Still waiting for someone to explain how Obama, or even Clinton, will benefit from the Uk staying in
    You only have to look at Hillary Clinton's speeches to Wall Street and the eye-watering fees that were charged to understand where the power truly lies. If by the UK being part of the EU both they can gain both politically and financially as it suits the purposes of the likes of the Wall Street banks then I'd say that was reason enough to say that on balance they are likely to benefit. The establishment are only ever going to vote in their own interests for their post political career money making schemes.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I shall give it the respect it merits.
      [emoji26]
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Boris Johnson's biographer on how Barack Obama exposed Brexit leader as a bogus | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Boris Johnson is the "petulant child" made a right fool of himself. Obama's putdown makes it difficult to see him as a potential PM.

Also notice how in the comments section the "Brexiteers" are becoming increasingly "shouty".

Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 April 2016, 11:01.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Boris Johnson's biographer on how Barack Obama exposed Brexit leader as a bogus | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Boris Johnson is the "petulant child" made a right fool of himself. Obama's putdown makes it difficult to see him as a potential

Anyway why should someone born in America with foreign ancestry tell the British people what to do
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Looks like Boris Johnson is the "petulant child" made a right fool of himself. Obama's putdown makes it difficult to see him as a potential PM.

But that's a Daily Wail story - it can't be taken too seriously!

Comment

I'm not sure how Obama will benefit from the UK staying in Europe. Anyone care to enlighten me?
              Its really quite simple. Britain's role in American eyes is to explain Yankee policies to all those strange Europeans.

Basically we're America's sockpuppet in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                You only have to look at Hillary Clinton's speeches to Wall Street and the eye-watering fees that were charged to understand where the power truly lies. If by the UK being part of the EU both they can gain both politically and financially as it suits the purposes of the likes of the Wall Street banks then I'd say that was reason enough to say that on balance they are likely to benefit. The establishment are only ever going to vote in their own interests for their post political career money making schemes.
                JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and all the other 'bankers' really, really want you to vote to stay in the EU.

Actually I think they'd prefer you not to bother voting at all. Upsets things.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and all the other 'bankers' really, really want you to vote to stay in the EU.
                  As do most large businesses. Not sure what your point is. SInce a large portion of the UK economy relates to financial services, I suppose what the large banks say is quite relevant to the debate
                  Last edited by sasguru; 24 April 2016, 11:42.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

As do most large businesses. Not sure what your point is. SInce a large portion of the UK economy relates to financial services, I suppose what the large banks say is quite relevant to the debate
                    Fook off dense count.

The leaders if big businesses have 1 interest and that is lining their own pockets.

If you think for 1 minute any of the campaigns care about the minions they you are more dumb than me.

If they could anyone who disagreed with them would be disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Fook off dense count.

The leaders if big businesses have 1 interest and that is lining their own pockets.

If you think for 1 minute any of the campaigns care about the minions they you are more dumb than me.

If they could anyone who disagreed with them would be disappeared.
                      Thanks for your reasoned and intelligent response.

However, the banks are still big employers in the UK, the financial sector is huge and thousands depend on them for a living directly and indirectly.
                      If Brexit affects this in any way, we should know about it.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X