• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Merged]Brexit stuff

First Obama now Hillary...

Hillary Clinton urges Britain to remain in the European Union | Politics | The Guardian

It's becoming clearer and clearer with each passing day the chances of the UK leaving the EU are next to nil. No country will want to trade with the petulant child. The whole thing is a waste of money. We should get back to work building our German owned minis and rolls royces stat. And other foreign owned whathaveyous Jaguar Land Rover,
    Last edited by scooterscot; 14 October 2016, 14:17.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I don't think so. The "establishment" (which includes both Obama and Clinton) all want the UK to stay in the EU, because it suits their big-business chums and satisfies their craving for power.
    Whereas many ordinary people want out, and are aware of the reality of the above as the underlying motivation for the "IN" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Hillary Clinton urges Britain to remain in the European Union | Politics | The Guardian

It's becoming clearer and clearer with each passing day the chances of the UK leaving the EU are next to nil. No country will want to trade with the petulant child. The whole thing is a waste of money. We should get back to work building our German owned minis and rolls royces stat. And other foreign owned whathaveyous Jaguar Land Rover,
      You seem to think that because another rich person sees their retirement gravy train leaving the station and says we should stay it is for any reason other than their own personal benefit.

There is a petulant child or in fact children in this debate.

But they ain't in the brexit camp.

In fact the more politicians tell us to stay the more I want to leave because you cannot trust a career politician to do anything but what is best for themselves.

Comment

I'm not sure how Obama will benefit from the UK staying in Europe. Anyone care to enlighten me?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

On the remain side I view a lot of the current argument as being analogous to a bad relationship as what they are saying is you must stay in because fear of what is on the other side so it's better sticking with what you know. If we all extended that argument to our daily lives divorces would never happen, people would never change jobs and so on.

While I can see arguments on both sides I think descending into negative campaigning (and I think it's only going to get worse) is not the right approach.

In my opinion we're likely to get screwed whichever way the vote goes in that if we vote out heels will be dragged over trade deals as we've been the petulant child wheres if we vote remain there'll be animosity in Brussels that we dared have a referendum in the first place and if any further (re)negotiations are requested all they'll say is that you voted to stay in...
          Last edited by ShandyDrinker; 24 April 2016, 09:57.

Comment

The Brexit camp wheel are really flying off now

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            I don't think so. The "establishment" (which includes both Obama and Clinton) all want the UK to stay in the EU, because it suits their big-business chums and satisfies their craving for power.
            Whereas many ordinary people want out, and are aware of the reality of the above as the underlying motivation for the "IN" campaign.
            This is well summed up for me.

Vote leave goes against the great master plan.

God bless the special relationship.
            Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 24 April 2016, 09:45.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              You seem to think that because another rich person sees their retirement gravy train leaving the station and says we should stay it is for any reason other than their own personal benefit.

There is a petulant child or in fact children in this debate.

But they ain't in the brexit camp.

In fact the more politicians tell us to stay the more I want to leave because you cannot trust a career politician to do anything but what is best for themselves.
              100% correct.

Comment

Still waiting for someone to explain how Obama, or even Clinton, will benefit from the Uk staying in
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Still waiting for someone to explain how Obama, or even Clinton, will benefit from the Uk staying in
                  Remain = the same status quo (the 1%)

Leave = risk and uncertainty (the 1%)
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Remain = the same status quo (the 1%)

Leave = risk and uncertainty (the 1%)
                    Thanks for the explanation. I shall give it the respect it merits.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X