• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The BDA didn't say it wouldn't work just that in their opinion was it was intrusive.
    More likely no dentist wants to be struck of by their governing body for giving someone a dose of x-ray radiation they don't need.

The dental nurse is also exaggerating - I had all my wisdom teeth in my early twenties as that's when I had to undergo an operation to remove a couple.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Back with your latest words of wisdom.

Have you got any update on Belgium holding up ceta yet? I thought you knew more than the rest of us.
      Yep, Belgium itself isn't holding up CETA, it's actually a province of Belgium that is. Also Germany's constitutional court can still knock it back.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Oh really? Well for a country that, according to you (who doesn't even LIVE here anymore!), has a serious dislike of foreigners, a great many of them seem to be hell bent on trying to get in. Care to explain why that is jellyhead?

Oh look, the voice of wisdom pops it's little head up again...I think it's quite obvious why but why bother explaining it as you won't understand
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Oh look, the voice of wisdom pops it's little head up again...I think it's quite obvious why but why bother explaining it as you won't understand
          Yes, well all that was requested was your "explanation". Do try and give it so that we can all have another good laugh at your stupidity.
          You really are the gift that never stops giving!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"The PM, who will trigger Brexit talks by the end of March, is expected to tell counterparts she wants a "smooth, constructive, orderly" process."

Wish we had one of them processes during the campaign.

Theresa May to urge 'smooth Brexit' at EU summit - BBC News
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Immediate repeal of the EC 1972 Act is the baseline for "hard" brexit?

Goodness, the Bremainers have really tempered their expectations The shifting sands of the middle ground, I guess.
              hey they are hoping for something hard they haven't seen one for a while.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This is interesting:

Skilled workers 'may be exempt from immigration controls': Hammond - BBC News

Uncontrolled immigration for skilled workers, which will mean tremendous competition for these jobs and UK employers with an incentive to ensure they get British people to do the sh*te jobs.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 October 2016, 08:35.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

This is an example of exactly what I have been saying

Brexit: British company moves HQ to Europe after 122 years of trading in UK, says it ‘can’t afford to wait’ for Article 50

“Smiffys have no choice but to protect our business by moving our headquarters to the EU. This will allow us to continue growing our trade to the EU, from within the single market."

“Going back to these times would feel like a step back in time and a lost opportunity to freely access a trading bloc of over 500 million people,”
                  Brexit: British company moves HQ to Europe after 122 years of trading in UK, says it ‘can’t afford to wait’ for Article 50 | The Independent
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    This is an example of exactly what I have been saying
                    It's that forensic journalism at the Indy. They scoured the country, hoping for Armageddon. Instead, they found an SME that manufactures fancy dress

ING to Move Trading Jobs to London Despite Brexit - WSJ

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      It's that forensic journalism at the Indy. They scoured the country, hoping for Armageddon. Instead, they found an SME that manufactures fancy dress

ING to Move Trading Jobs to London Despite Brexit - WSJ
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X