• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being fired as a IT contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The first post does not read like that at all.

Also if he is a HR manager doesn't he know:
    1. How to read a contract to check the small print, and,
    2. How to contact a lawyer for legal advice if needed
    Yeh, I'm unsure too, TBH.

He has another topic, here:-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-finished.html
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      1. It's not in General
      2. No one has mentioned politics yet
      3. The OP might not be quite honest about who he is.

Tread carefully, genuine IT contractors.
      I'm not sure about that.
      OK, so he didn't realise that an IT contractor has a contract with the agent which is different to the contract the agent has signed with him the client.
      Maybe he was hoping that all of us would tell him to suck it up and don't bother chasing the money because then he the client would know that it's unlikely the contractor will go after him them.

Sorry for all the mistakes in this post.
      If only the OP was knew of someone who was studying for their advanced diploma in Human Resource Management who might be able to help him.

Me and my mistakes again, d'oh!
      OK, I've tried to be subtle in my replies so far, but many seem to have missed them.

...No, he's wanting to find out if HIS company will be sued by an IT Contractor they have hired if they don't pay them for the 4 weeks.

My reasons for saying this?
      The OP wasn't very smart when he signed up and after a few posts in this thread I got suspicious, but it didn't take much work to find his LinkedIn profile which said he had qualified in computer science 8 years ago but was currently studying for an advanced diploma in Human Resource Management. It also said what sector he was currently working in.
      His Facebook page says he is the head of HR Data Management for a particular company.
      i.e. most definitely NOT a contractor and most definitely someone working in HR.

...apart from that, it was just a guess on my part.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Fair play
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The OP wasn't very smart when he signed up and after a few posts in this thread I got suspicious, but it didn't take much work to find his LinkedIn profile which said he had qualified in computer science 8 years ago but was currently studying for an advanced diploma in Human Resource Management. It also said what sector he was currently working in.
          His Facebook page says he is the head of HR Data Management for a particular company.
          i.e. most definitely NOT a contractor and most definitely someone working in HR.

And? My standard reply to all these things are is that you get paid for the work you do - No work offered = no pay....

The fact its the HR person asking this rather than a contractor is irrelevant. My statement would be the same see above and either read ( / get a lawyer to explain) the contract that you signed (or in the case of an HR director the contract you wrote).

Either way the OP is out of their depth and should find an easier job or not reveal their incompetency to the general public...

To the OP may I suggest you get to understand HR law... It's a post graduate masters that stops you looking like a total idiot when asking questions.... The fact my brother and sister-in-law both have it used to scare HR when I was permie....
          Last edited by eek; 20 July 2016, 15:29.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hat's off to your Google-Fu as I can't trace him on what he has put, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, its not uncommon for someone to get qualified in an area you support to get relevant domain knowledge if he is working on HR systems
            Last edited by SimonMac; 20 July 2016, 15:21.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nice on WTFH
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Fair play

The other thing would be... 2nd June he claims to be starting a new role "next week", yet by 13th July he's been in the role "2 months".

He also claims that he has been contracting "a long time", yet he graduated then did a postgrad cert in "Human Factors" in 2010 so has only been only been out of studying for less than 6 years.
                Not exactly left him many years to be contracting?

Then again, maybe he is legit and just not very good at explaining himself, in which case he's got a lot of experience to gain.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Hat's off to your Google-Fu as I can't trace him on what he has put, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, its not uncommon for someone to get qualified in an area you support to get relevant domain knowledge if he is working on HR systems
                  I believe WTFH had a little more info, which is what was meant that the guy was "not very clever" when he signed up.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If the OP is a HR Manager, then it could be a more useful chat.

Open and honest, let's address our common enemy; the agent.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I believe WTFH had a little more info, which is what was meant that the guy was "not very clever" when he signed up.

Possibly I do. For example, I know that you should really be addressed as MsMarkyMark, not MrMarkyMark now that the gender re-alignment process is complete.

Comment

Working...
                      X