• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being fired as a IT contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you employed by your agency or are you contracted to deliver work to a client via an agency? The distinction is incredibly important and I've a feeling you don't understand.

I assume you don't know what IR35 is from all this as well?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dltasty View Post
      i dont see anything in my contract about there being no work etc either - it just says my working hours 9-5 everyday and invoicing.

I guess its because im actually employed by my agency - and my agency has the relationship with the client - maybe that is the difference that im not employed directly

either way - this is only worst case senario - im sure I will be able to get the time off working my charm
      JFC. As indicated above, I hope you've been paying tax appropriately because you sound an awful lot like a permie. You might want to learn a little more about the contractual side of contracting Anyway, even though you're not currently able to understand your contract, there's almost certainly one or more clauses about payment for work done (e.g. a signed time card).

Comment

theyl probably want me to work a few days notice anyway as I know some stuff that nobody else does

Im not too bothered either way to be honest but it would be nice to get 4 weeks money of it

anyway I'll let you know how it goes!!! im looking forward to my holiday

Comment

yeah i send invoices to my agency on a weekly basis and they pay me

Comment

they pay my limited company not me personally though im not on their payroll

Comment

thats all i care about as its a significant amount of money to me
              Im not too bothered either way to be honest
              Sockie.

Comment

Sockie
                Taking a picture of your socks in a similar fashion of a selfie.
                Before I left for school I had to post a quick sockie to Instagram.

huh!

Comment

Sockie
                  Taking a picture of your socks in a similar fashion of a selfie.
                  Before I left for school I had to post a quick sockie to Instagram.

huh!
                  Try searching sock puppet instead. Sockie is our (and most others actually) slang term..
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Being fired as a IT contractor

1. Speak to HR at your employer, they will be able to explain to you what happens when you deliberately take unauthorised leave.

2. If you've been contracting for a long time, you'll have a good war chest built up and so 4 weeks of lost invoicing will not be a problem to suck up.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Everyone unusually nice on this thread..why?

Comment

Working...
                      X