• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE 250

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE 250

Closed on 16,000, up 500 points in a day, a day where the government and opposition are looking like they couldn't organise a nun shoot in a nunnery. Linky

What were all the Remainers going on about again? Something about UK blah blah Doom and Gloom blah blah Should have Remained etc.

Can't be arsed digging up some EU/German charts but they're basically all flat lining.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

I read this article with interest from a Brexiter.

Brexit won't happen in the end – here's why | Voices | The Independent

DISCUSS.

Comment

That picture!!!

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
        I read this article with interest from a Brexiter.
        There's no going back now, we're on the naughty step of Europe Germany and France, to let us back in would send a clear message to any other nations thinking of leaving that the The E.U. Germany and France, are weak and that they have to reform to better consider the needs of it's members diverse spectrum of people.

Which they aren't and won't. Obviously.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Yes it's only 17.05% down on the week in USD terms.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            Closed on 16,000, up 500 points in a day, a day where the government and opposition are looking like they couldn't organise a nun shoot in a nunnery. Linky

What were all the Remainers going on about again? Something about UK blah blah Doom and Gloom blah blah Should have Remained etc.

Can't be arsed digging up some EU/German charts but they're basically all flat lining.
            Didn't someone on another thread here earlier today claim the FTSE 250 doesn't prove a thing Brexit-wise and it's the FTSE 100 one has to look at?

Well, OK, let's look at the FTSE 100:

2016-06-29 FTSE 100 closes above pre-Brexit level

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

FTSE 100 closes above pre-Brexit level - BBC News

Wow. To be honest I did expect some negative impact from Brexit at least in the short term. Given the scaremongering I think we all did.

But this ....

"It is safe to say that, of all the post Brexit outcomes discussed across the City over the past few months, 'buying frenzy' was not one that was viewed as very likely," said Chris Beauchamp, senior market analyst at spread betting firm IG.
              BBC continues to report through gritted teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                FTSE 100 closes above pre-Brexit level - BBC News

Wow. To be honest I did expect some negative impact from Brexit at least in the short term. Given the scaremongering I think we all did.
                Where is Brexit? It's only Brexit when Article 50 is triggered, right now the markets are hoping that such things won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Where is Brexit? It's only Brexit when Article 50 is triggered, right now the markets are hoping that such things won't happen.
                  If Johnson wins there won't be a Brexit.

If anyone else wins who knows....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Exactly.

Also ...

- Article 50 can only be triggered by a vote in Parliament.
                    - 75% of MPs don't want a Brexit.
                    - The rules change in April 2017 - 14 EU member states will have to give permission for the UK to go.

https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2016/06...-grave-danger/

The markets realise this, hence the rally.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X