• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE 250

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yup, the FTSE 250 is soaring away. 1000 points up on Monday, but still not even half way back to where it was.
    I think you'll find the sort of gains you're seeing since it hit support are what smart investers can make a lot of money on.

The idiots (ruled by Fear) sell sell sell as soon as it looks like a Brexit. The smart money moves in when they see support, and get on the escalator.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yes of course - which is why they are planning to 'punish' us by acting like little spoilt children who could not get their own way and are going tot are their football home.
      And people still want to be part of this "club"? What's wrong with them? Seriously?!

You can just imagine all this tulipe played out in any Primary School. Time for a story:

Three "Cool Kids" (Bigger and richer than the rest, two are bullies, one is normal) are surrounded by their 'gang' in one part of the playground. The Cool Kids supply the Poorer Kids with sweets, toys and a 'badge of honour' in return for their loyalty. One of the Cool Kids decides they don't like being in this gang after all, they can do better with the other kids in the wider playground. Immediately the two 'bully' Cool Kids round on the 'normal' Cool Kid, saying "If you leave the gang, we'll never talk to you again, we won't buy any of your sweets and toys, nor can you sell your sweets and toys to us.." The Poorer Kids also shout abuse at the 'normal' Cool Kid, as they're scared of the two 'bully' Cool Kids if they show any kind of support. Worryingly, the Poor Kids then all grab the 'normal' Cool Kid by the arm and say, "You're never going to leave this gang. You're part of the EUSSR now, and will be in perpetuity, since there's no democratic way of removing our leaders, nor for you to leave our gang. If you want to leave, you'll have to fight us all to do so, since we will never agree for you to leave.."

Is that the future we want as a nation?
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

17,333 (23/06) compared to 16,040 (30/06)
        A 7.5% drop

However, we live in a global economy, so you need to also consider how we've fared in other countries' currency. E.g.
        In $, 25650 compared to 21550, a 15% drop.
        In Yen, 2.715M, compared to 2.217M, an 18% drop.
        In €, 22560 compared to 19450 a 13% drop.

Doing great!

(And yes, I am buying UK shares now. Since my home country's currency is CHF, your shares are so cheap!).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          The idiots (ruled by Fear)
          two 'bully' Cool Kids
          EUSSR

Is your argument so weak that you are incapable of making it without resorting to childish name-calling?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

When this does happen, we'll all be losers - brexiters and bremainers alike.
            So when it happens you're gonna keep losing?

Comment

Is your argument so weak that you are incapable of making it without resorting to childish name-calling?
              Put forward your argument then.

Explain to us all, why the U.K. is better off in the E.U., paying attention to just these points:

1) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to control it's own laws.
              2) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to remove it's own leaders democratically.
              3) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to decide to remove itself from the E.U., instead being forced to be a member until the majority of other members decide it's allowed to leave.

Can't answer any of them? Nope, thought not. Anyone else?

Comment

I think you'll find the sort of gains you're seeing since it hit support are what smart investers can make a lot of money on.

The idiots (ruled by Fear) sell sell sell as soon as it looks like a Brexit. The smart money moves in when they see support, and get on the escalator.
                It's a bit like this - pros sell to create market drop, mugs follow out of fear plus HFT - they pros buy cheap shares that they borrowed from pension funds, pocket big profit

Comment

Put forward your argument then.

Explain to us all, why the U.K. is better off in the E.U., paying attention to just these points:

1) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to control it's own laws.
                  2) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to remove it's own leaders democratically.
                  3) Why the U.K. is better off by not having the ability to decide to remove itself from the E.U., instead being forced to be a member until the majority of other members decide it's allowed to leave.

I'm not questioning having an argument, I'm questioning your arguing consisting of childish name-calling.

But since you made one post of questions and in the same post said that I could not answer your questions shows again how childish your arguing is.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is what my Leave vote was all about.

I am absolutely happy with an EEA (or better?) deal with full access to the single market and freedom of movement of Goods, Services, Capital and Workers.

Without the freedom of movement of workers, there are plenty of tulip jobs that British layabouts ("I'm not working class... I don't work") refuse to do but which all appear to be the holy grail for our Eastern European cousins - lettuce picking, bog cleaning, car washing, taxi driving, newspaper selling... as well as the better stuff like manning our IT helpdesks, being nurses and doctors and all that stuff. If the Poland/Romania/Lithuania/Turkey/Albania/whoever are happy to accept the talent drain away from their markets and take up the slack over here, then fine. Said migrants really don't have to be EU migrants.

My main beef is benefits. If they can come here and be self sufficient and contribute into our system then fine, but its a bit thin if one chap comes over here, takes a cruddy job in a car wash earning less than the personal allowance, brings his family, gets housing benefits and child benefits and all that stuff. So by all means, come over. But there needs to be a decent amount of time before said migrants get benefits.

It is bad enough we're paying benefits to our own workshy freeloaders, e.g. the non-working class mentioned above.

A single market doesn't need a government, two parliament buildings, a supreme court, a flag and a national anthem. And its a bit tulip that Europe would expect us to pay them a subscription fee to allow them to sell their stuff to us. There's a trade defecit, they sell a lot more to us than we sell to them.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      So when it happens you're gonna keep losing?
                      Everyone living in the UK will lose. You will lose. I won't lose. I don't live in the UK. Is that clear enough for you, loser?

The UK has always had the ability to control its own laws. It even used to have say in the laws agreed with the other EU countries, which it the incorporated into its own laws.
                      The UK has never been able to remove it's own leaders democratically. It has always been able to remove the government democratically, every 5 years or so (now fixed). The representatives of our country (democratically chosen), democratically chose the leaders of the European Commission.

Two were strawmen , one just doesn't make any sense.

But before we proceed, answer this question. Have you stopped beating your wife?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X