• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't it time to acknowledge the referendum has been a complete catastrophe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    And why did Boris and Gove look so stunned and unhappy on Friday?
    Because they'd been up all night, numbnuts, and probably campaigning 18 hours a day for weeks before that!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      It's far too early to say whether this a catastrophe or not.

We are only just into the biggest political upheaval in Europe since the 1940's. Turbulence and general wailing and nashing of teeth are to be expected.

What we need right now is for some political leadership.

Everyone needs to MTFU.
      We had enough enough empty slogans to last a lifetime during the referendum.
      Too many people believed them.
      Time to stop that.

Comment

You haven't addressed any of my issues, just made some bland assertions.

On balance do you think FDI will increase or decrease over the next 5 years and what effect will that have on the economy?
        Is Britian a more attractive or less attractive place to do business now that it seems to be politically unstable for the first time in modern history?
        Will the Queen have to show her passport at the border when she goes to Balmoral?
        What will happen in Northern Ireland - i don't think the outcome's going to be good?

And why did Boris and Gove look so stunned and unhappy on Friday?
        You accuse me of being bland and then resort to how you thought people looked! Maybe they looked that way because they had been up for 24 hours?

And you didn't really make any points to address in your first post. So to answer your second:

I expect fdi to increase, not least as Sterling falls.

As I explained in one of my bland comments, other countries have already indicated they want to do business.

Britain will be easier and hence more attractive to invest in.

And even if Scotland leaves the UK, they will still have the Queen as a monarch.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          31002 post, i'd bet
          Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Who do you think?

sasguru of course!
          Of course!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Because they'd been up all night, numbnuts, and probably campaigning 18 hours a day for weeks before that!
            They didn't look tired. Unhappy, stunned and scared are about the size of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Still stuck in denial
              no de Nile is in Egypt!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They didn't look tired. Unhappy, stunned and scared are about the size of it.
                They wanted to be on the losing side and won. Now they've got to clean up the mess and make it look like somebody else's fault. A tricky business.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  We're 4 days into a Brexit and you still think facts are relevant to winning a referendum?
                  Yes, the SNP/Yes lost the last independence referendum as there was a large chunk of the electorate who believed the currency union would not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

I expect fdi to increase, not least as Sterling falls.

Why would anyone rational invest money here now when:
                    1) they are not sure they have access to the single market?
                    2) they are not sure that the country will stick together?
                    3) there seems to be a lack of political leadership?

Let see shall we? I expect investment to decline fairly sharply.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      They wanted to be on the losing side and won. Now they've got to clean up the mess and make it look like somebody else's fault. A tricky business.
                      Indeed. I hope Theresa May isn't stupid enough to throw her hat into the ring. I want Boris to get it and have to explain his actions. Have you read his article in the Telegraph today - he's already backpedalling like an Olympic champion

Comment

Working...
                      X