• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I think that would lead to civil disobedience. Once you ignore a democratic vote then you are going to get the tulipe kicked out of you.

And there has never been any intention of invoking clause 50 the morning after.

Just face it, you've lost.
    I agree that it absolutely cannot be ignored. It could possibly be reinterpreted within the context of changing circumstances and a shift in public opinion.

Comment

More education less back bone

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        More education less back bone
        Stop talking about Boris Johnson.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Stop talking about Boris Johnson.
          Send the tridents to Munich now

Hit that mother fooking button

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Vote's not legally binding.

Most MPs want to remain.

We've been cursed by the f***ing Tory party in fighting.
            No we haven't. We've finally been given the vote that every one wanted. If we hadn't had the vote then it would have rumbled on indefinitely.

It's pretty clear from the voting that both the main party's voters were split. All UKIP ever did was act as the mouthpiece for what people really wanted. The more the main parties dodged the issue the closer people moved to UKIP.

Look at Penn in France. Very similar. Support will build and build because people are getting angrier and angrier. You can only sweep how the electorate feels under the carpet for so long.

The problem is that people don't want the EU integration project. Stopping them voting on it won't make how they feel go away.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              David Cameron quote:

There's absolutely no plan and not even a parliamentary majority for what comes next.

You resign the from the EU,throw all your trade agreements on a bonfire, the ratings agencies have announced that the UK goes down to junk, oh and by the way Scotland will leave, taking all the oil fields with it.

Good luck to the next Prime Minister.
              It really does need an election to get a parliament and government with a new mandate to negotiate.

Comment

David Cameron quote:

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                WTF did I belive Juncker and Merkel when they told me that what they had given me was a massive step down for them. If I had just had the courage to stand up to them I wouldn't be in this tuliping mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It really does need an election to get a parliament and government with a new mandate to negotiate.
                  Not happening because Boris knows it would become second referendum on the matter and this time they will lose

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Not happening because Boris knows it would become second referendum on the matter and this time they will lose
                    Boris won't get the job. Too damaged. My money's on Theresa May.

Comment

Just got back from the local. Apparently there was a punch up over the EU last night. All ages involved on both sides apparently.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X