• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Anyone seen figures for turnout by age group?
    How the United Kingdom voted on Thursday... and why - Lord Ashcroft Polls

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No, I was after turnout by age.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        No, I was after turnout by age.
        Ohh -

Given the result and the stats above, the implication is pointing towards the old farts. The came out in their droves whilst the young ones played on the xbox.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          No Article 50 If We Vote To Leave: Does Michael Gove Want a SECOND EU Referendum, Or Just The Tory Leadership?

Admittedly that was April and they've changed their principles at least 27 times since.
          I think the problem with this is that it adds to/prolongs uncertainty. If you were the CEO of a company that relies on European trade, you want to know ASAP how Brexit is going to affect your business, or you're going to start planning contingency. If we wait several months, those contingency plans will be well underway, and we could end up losing businesses to the continent.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            I think the problem with this is that it adds to/prolongs uncertainty. If you were the CEO of a company that relies on European trade, you want to know ASAP how Brexit is going to affect your business, or you're going to start planning contingency. If we wait several months, those contingency plans will be well underway, and we could end up losing businesses to the continent.
            Not to worry. The bank of England has offered to step in. Should the markets continue their downward spiral and the pound sink then the BoE will start increasing interest rates.

You'll hear the squeals of pain from across the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Not to worry. The bank of England has offered to step in. Should the markets continue their downward spiral and the pound sink then the BoE will start increasing interest rates.

You'll hear the squeals of pain from across the channel.
              If the markets go down, QE will restart.

If the pound sinks, there will be a large cheer. Japan and Switzerland will be particularly envious.

Comment

We need a referendum on whether there should be a second referendum...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Fount of wisdom, Caligula was.
                  Didn't he marry a horse? DC nearly married a pig's head.....

Comment

2 million sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      That still doesn't answer my question.

Are you being just another racist brexiter?
                      Kinda funny calling me that considering I come from the same part of the world.

Another fun quote
                      "Poland's National Bank reckons Poles send home more than $1bn (£728m) a year, driving consumption in many parts of the country."
                      This means that £1bn+ (if we take in consideration all of EE citizens living and working in the UK) goes out of the country filling another countries coffers and boosting economy, how does that help the UK, sure as hell helps those countries? Like I said, many want to be in the UK but not be part of the UK because all they want is the UK money. If the majority came to the UK to integrate and became part of the population, putting the money back into the system I have no problems. My gripe is that due to all the UK money going back to various countries certain areas of their economy got massive boosts, for example the housing market in Eastern Europe that went up by %500+ in less than 5 years. You could buy a flat there from £3000 to max £11000 for top of the range one, now they are £30k to £100k+ yet the local salary is still £300 to £1000 a month. Please tell me how does that help the people that did not leave those countries coming to the milk and honey land?

I lived and still live in the middle of all the economical migrants, as I said I know all the dirty secrets, what goes on behind closed doors, what people come here, what they do, how little tax some pay, all the ways they look into exploiting the system. Soo much of the tax payer money that has gone down black holes you have no idea.

Your brains fails to comprehend the idea of circle of life issue, need balance, nothing to do with racism, you need to look at the bigger picture, take a step waaaaay back. Again, the UK has the highest population per meter squared in the whole of Europe.

However the decision has been made, we'll have to see what happens next.

P.S. My area was one of the %70 that voted to LEAVE!!! Just in case you want to know
                      Sure call me "racist brexiter" just because I am proud to be British and want some kind of control. I don't think you would be happy if the local authority told you when you could have your lights on, how much power you could consume, when and where to spend your hard earned money, to give money to your neighbour just because he/she made a bad decision and now needs bailing out, maybe pay some of their mortgage just because they wanted a bigger house but could not afford it, that you had to accept tenants in your spare room or even take people in for free and pay for all their expenses, etc... would you like that? If you don't then obviously you are a "racist brexiter" too.
                      Last edited by Drei; 25 June 2016, 18:14. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X