• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, can't believe I just did that!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked with BA and the price of turn left tickets has not gone down. Well, that's supply and demand for you.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      One less person taking up space on the plane going across the pond
      they can put 6 more seats in apparently.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
        One less person taking up 2 spaces on the plane going across the pond
        Ahem
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Things to follow....

- Can't find a job.

- Wife divorces and fecks off with the BTLs, dog and kids. Seeks solace with AtW.

- Bank seizes the house and car.

- Blood pressure and Diabetes will follow.

- Moved into a Council House.

- Gets into another fight at the local and rewarded with a proper criminal record.

Don't be disheartened MF. There's a lot to look forward to.

Comment

Morning after the thrill of the night before.

Either regret is sinking in or its the right decision...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Morning after the thrill of the night before.

Either regret is sinking in or its the right decision...
              Not hit me yet. Work my month. Finish and get straight on plane to US with family to Orlando for 3 weeks. Business class naturally. Then sometime during August, probably as I work out the cost of the trip and see the bank balance going down will I then question my sanity for walking out of a job that had salary, shares and bonus at 300k for the next year.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Not hit me yet. Work my month. Finish and get straight on plane to US with family to Orlando for 3 weeks. Business class naturally. Then sometime during August, probably as I work out the cost of the trip and see the bank balance going down will I then question my sanity for walking out of a job that had salary, shares and bonus at 300k for the next year.
                True but there is no point being divorced, stressed or the richest corpse in the graveyard....

Go and take the money you have and do something that interests you...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

True but there is no point being divorced, stressed or the richest corpse in the graveyard....

Well that's my thinking. As a contractor I measured myself on what I could earn and having a warchest just in case. That stayed with me into Perm and money came naturally as being promoted and building a team. Last straw was in Feb when I was told not to do anything technical as that was the remit of IT and my boss said if I didn't like it I should fook off to IT.

So I set myself the end of May, that day went and I kept working, bored and being undermined from the U.S. I was going to hang on until August as that month was worth 40k but would have meant me working during my holiday. I decided yesterday that life was too short, my warchest was healthy and let my heart go over my head.

No doubt I will have a massive downer at some point.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Blackpool leisure centre for the weekend then !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      MF coming to a bench near you soon.
                      Does CUK have a specially reinforced bench?

Comment

Working...
                      X