• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Referendum: Do we enough information to take the correct decision?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    We are not worthy to be a part of the great European hegemony.
    You'll learn

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It also would allow us to decide who is and isn't an asylum seeker, who is an economic migrant and who is a possible threat to our health and wellbeing (health "tourist" and or terrorist).

At the moment, we have zero control over these aspects of migration.
      Yes we do.

If someone arrives in the UK seeking asylum, it will be UK immigration who decide whether to grant it. Even if someone is granted asylum in Germany, that doesn't given them any right to travel to or work in any other European country.

It is correct to say that we cannot exclude any EU citizen who chooses to come to the UK to use the NHS. OTOH, we have the same rights to go to any EU country and use their health service. Where people are illegally using the NHS, that's simply a matter of changing UK law and being inside or outside the EU won't affect that.

It is correct to say that we cannot exclude any EU citizen who might be a terrorist threat. But we can arrest them and subject them to existing UK legislation which is used against our home grown terrorist threat.

There are arguments for leaving that are valid. The one's you've put forward are just silly.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The one's you've put forward are just silly.
        Psst, he is working hard on the inside to discredit the Leave campaign...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

There are arguments for leaving that are valid. The one's you've put forward are just silly.
          That's not fair.

Clearly not everyone has heard of NATO....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            VOTE STAY!

very pretty but it looks like they are serving lager. Urgh.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              very pretty but it looks like they are serving lager. Urgh.
              Big jugs though, no?

Comment

Please provide the summation of your intellectual argument for leaving EU.
                I don't feel the need to justify anything. I am that I am. Sovereign, independent.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  I don't feel the need to justify anything. I am that I am. Sovereign, independent.
                  We were talking about intelligence...

Comment

We were talking about intelligence...
                    Sorry, you were? I'm refuting your statement. My intelligence is not in debate here. A rebuttal, followed by rhetoric makes no argument, not the basis for any. Take care and good night.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Sorry, you were? I'm refuting your statement. My intelligence is not in debate here. A rebuttal, followed by rhetoric makes no argument, not the basis for any. Take care and good night.
                      Yes we were:

As a "Leaver", your summation of my intelligence has about as much accuracy as a sundial on a cloudy day
                      I've asked you to present intelligent argument for LEAVE ...

Comment

Working...
                      X