• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent article by Liam Fox on EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No I haven't been trained to. I've spent several years training in something that pays Ok.
    It's why I don't have to whinge ad nauseum on here.
    Anyway good change of topic when your lack of logic was pointed out.
    nauseam

Comment

Your argument doesn't even make logical sense.
      Both Thatcher (who dismantled the industrial base, saying services were the future) and Blair (who opened the borders to East Europeans when he could have used the moratorium on Eastern workers which Germany used) had huge majorities. So the people got the government they voted for.
      Recently the Tories got the majority they craved and started gouging money out of their natural supporters.
      The mistakes made in this country cannot be blamed on Europe.
      The last bit was slightly clumsy. I should have said, they can vote for a British government that solely makes British laws, ie fully accountable to its electorate. We can clearly see that Labour is now being punished electorally for the New Labour era by its core voters. I would be pretty confident to say that those who voted New Labour, especially in the old Labour heartlands, weren't voting for Blair's underhand policy of mass migration. New Labour's cronies set about a deliberate smoke and mirrors policy. Migration Watch's figures were openly trashed by New Labour yet they have been pretty close to the mark.

Brexiters want an accountable government that might just help them, not a remote European council who is fair less likely to act in their best interest.

Anyway, the whole point of the agruement is you're voting Remain because it suits your income and the price of your three houses. Some of the Brexiters, the ones you and darmstadt like to sneer and patronise most, are doing so in their best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The move to low cost countries is happening now. As all of Europe will be putting Tariffs in place for us to trade we just retaliate making it cheaper to employ here.
        Is that the Brexit argument - lets create a low wage economy?
        Well done Einstein
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

What exactly is wrong with fixing washing machines? Is that not a worthy profession?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            The last bit was slightly clumsy. I should have said, they can vote for a British government that solely makes British laws, ie fully accountable to its electorate.

Will there be a free trade agreement with EU? What will the UK have to do to be a part of that agreement? What decisions will be made in Brussels with which the UK will have to comply?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

Anyway, the whole point of the agruement is you're voting Remain because it suits your income and the price of your three houses. Some of the Brexiters, the ones you and darmstadt like to sneer and patronise most, are doing so in their best interests.
              I think Brexit will be an economic (and quite possibly political) disaster for the country.
              I doubt it will affect my income or lifestyle very much.
              Those with a good education and in-demand skills will always find work even if they have to go abroad.
              It's the less educated and vulnerable who will suffer when manufucturing is decimated or if we become a low-wage economy as vetran suggests.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Will there be a free trade agreement with EU? What will the UK have to do to be a part of that agreement? What decisions will be made in Brussels with which the UK will have to comply?
                I don't give a tulip. My BREXIT vote is not based on Economic issues. It's is based on democratic issues, and sovereignty.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  What exactly is wrong with fixing washing machines? Is that not a worthy profession?
                  Completely worthy. Why, are you ashamed of it?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

No I haven't been trained to. I've spent several years training in something that pays Ok.
                    It's why I don't have to whinge ad nauseum on here.
                    Anyway good change of topic when your lack of logic was pointed out.
                    Classic. Your post count is above 30K . It is possible to fix things yourself if you've got a bit of gumption and a manual. Oh, and it didn't realise that people who fix washing machines were deserving of distain. I must remember to make pompous comments to the next 'manual worker' I meet.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      I don't give a tulip. My BREXIT vote is not based on Economic issues. It's is based on democratic issues, and sovereignty.
                      So in other words, you want the Boomers to continue wrecking the country, only this time they won't have to bother with workers rights and the like?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X