• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit won't stop EU migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Have you had much dealing with the EU? Worked there? Done business there? Lived there?
    Doesn't feel like a "dodgy paramilitary group" to me.
    HTF can you tell what the EU is doing or the effect it is having from the gilded perch of a well paid job. I went on a stag weekend to Krakow a couple of weeks ago . I now consider myself an expert on the mood of the people of Poland , the functioning of the EU and the effect it has on the lives of the people.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      HTF can you tell what the EU is doing or the effect it is having from the gilded perch of a well paid job. I went on a stag weekend to Krakow a couple of weeks ago . I now consider myself an expert on the mood of the people of Poland , the functioning of the EU and the effect it has on the lives of the people.
      Just gel you hair or something, there's a good chap.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        EU net migration is less than half actually over the last few years. Where I lived in the UK there were a lot of Asian shops selling Asian food, and that was a long time ago
        Indeed and now we have no go areas and young people running off to Syria to overthrow decadent westerners.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Have you had much dealing with the EU? Worked there? Done business there? Lived there?
          Doesn't feel like a "dodgy paramilitary group" to me.
          I meant in terms of the 'you're free to leave' aspect, as in 'you're free to leave, but we'll get you for doing so'.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Indeed and now we have no go areas and young people running off to Syria to overthrow decadent westerners.
            We've always had no-go areas in UK, Scotland for example....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              I meant in terms of the 'you're free to leave' aspect, as in 'you're free to leave, but we'll get you for doing so'.
              Its hardly that is it? What they're saying is if you want access to the open market you must follow the rules which include free movement. All very libertarian and capitalist.
              Problem is people like the open market but not the free movement.
              No easy solution to that.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                We've always had no-go areas in UK, Scotland for example....
                But the difference being is that the no-goes in England are now similar to those in Northern Ireland. I have a nasty feeling the England is storing up real problems for itself in this sense.

Comment

Its hardly that is it? What they're saying is if you want access to the open market you must follow the rules which include free movement. All very libertarian and capitalist.
                  Problem is people like the open market but not the free movement.
                  No easy solution to that.
                  yes there is, negotiation & compromise. Pity the EU don't want to.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yes there is, negotiation & compromise. Pity the EU don't want to.
                    I guess there's a limit. The UK always asking for special favours and exceptions, trying to have our cake and eat it.
                    Actually I think we've got a good deal at the moment, keep the pound which we can control to a certain extent and undercut our Euro competitors while having all the benefits. Price of that is EU immigration - having said which with unemployment at 5% it does seem we can cope. There's still a shortage of tradesmen even with all these Poles about.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      But the difference being is that the no-goes in England are now similar to those in Northern Ireland. I have a nasty feeling the England is storing up real problems for itself in this sense.
                      I'm not so sure, Moss Side and Hulme where no-go areas in Manchester in the 70's and Top O Th' Brow and Johnson Fold in Bolton, I was crapping myself when we played darts in The Rocket in Breightmet, the ashtrays on the tables were upturned coffee tin lids and they were nailed to the tables to stop the locals nicking them.

Comment

Working...
                      X