• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' for US trade deals post-Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Another non sequitur.
    If you can, you should try and be rigorous in your arguments rather spouting random crap.
    I was merely asking you why I should believe your (non-)argument on the topic of national security (that it would better served by leaving) rather than a highly experienced professional soldier who is of the opinion that it would be damaging?
    Not at all. My point was that the operation that was spouted as EU was not just EU. We could have joined in or not. We still could after Brexit.

That said, you do seem quite the expert on spouting random crap.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Not at all. My point was that the operation that was spouted as EU was not just EU. We could have joined in or not. We still could after Brexit.

That said, you do seem quite the expert on spouting random crap.
      Still haven't answered my question I see.
      Anyway I'll have to go on my merry way having made the decision to trust the judgement of highly experienced soldiers rather than some geeky keyboard warrior who, judging by the logical quality of his argments, must be fairly low down the IT food chain
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

So really you're saying I should believe you rather than this bloke:

Colonel Angus Loudon MBE served in the British Army for 34 years. He saw service in Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, and Cyprus, including deployments with the UN, the EU, and NATO. ..
        2016-05-09 It is an EU army that could bring about war by Colonel Richard Kemp

It'll be hard for you to know who to believe now instead of us, Sas, as they are both Colonels.

Maybe you can check the army lists and find out who was commissioned first.
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 10 May 2016, 16:14.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          2016-05-09 It is an EU army that could bring about war by Colonel Richard Kemp

I'll be hard for you to know who to believe now instead of us, Sas, as they are both Colonels.

Maybe you can check the army lists and find out who was commissioned first.
          This is the Colonel Kemp who made such a balls up in Afghanistan I take it?
          Also a mad Zionist and fundamentalist Christian.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Last year I went from Dusseldorf to Zurich with no border controls - nice.
            of course $14 is too expensive & a few moments completing a form is too difficult for the relative minority that actually travel abroad.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

EU citizenship - statistics on cross-border activities - Statistics Explained

Approximately 28 million business visits of at least one night were also made to another Member State.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              of course $14 is too expensive & a few moments completing a form is too difficult for the relative minority that actually travel abroad.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

EU citizenship - statistics on cross-border activities - Statistics Explained
              What has ESTA to do with this? You fill one form and you can travel in all the US states.
              Similarly you have to show your passport in one Shengen state, then can travel in all European Schengen countries.
              That "relative minority" that travel abroad are the ones who generate prosperity in the UK, not the ones in public sector sinecures. Anything that eases business is a good thing, subject to certain constraints
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

What has ESTA to do with this? You fill one form and you can travel in all the US states.
                Similarly you have to show your passport in one Shengen state, then can travel in all European Schengen countries.
                That "relative minority" that travel abroad are the ones who generate prosperity in the UK, not the ones in public sector sinecures. Anything that eases business is a good thing, subject to certain constraints
                and what I'm suggesting is replacing freedom of movement which is causing many of the issues within europe with simplified travel authorisations. It is of course something the Remainers don't understand as they obviously leave their front door open all day.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  and what I'm suggesting is replacing freedom of movement which is causing many of the issues within europe with simplified travel authorisations. It is of course something the Remainers don't understand as they obviously leave their front door open all day.
                  There is a "simplified travel authorisation" - it's called a passport.
                  If you come into a Shengen country from a non-Shengen country you have to show it.
                  And recently within the Schengen too ( 6 countries have suspended free movement).
                  Of course if you don't go through the normal channels, like most Syrian refugees or Mexican illegals, then no amount of paperwork or ESTA-like forms are going to stop you.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Since the demise of Monty Python there has been a void in "silliness", that was until Brexit came along

Here's my favourite:

Ukip's McNarry wants British Army to patrol Irish border after a Brexit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

...and people vote for them....
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 10 May 2016, 13:23.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

There is a "simplified travel authorisation" - it's called a passport.
                      If you come into a Shengen country from a non-Shengen country you have to show it.
                      And recently within the Schengen too ( 6 countries have suspended free movement).
                      Of course if you don't go through the normal channels, like most Syrian refugees or Mexican illegals, then no amount of paperwork or ESTA-like forms are going to stop you.
                      I'm not sure how I can make it simple for you but lets try.

no a passport is not a travel authorisation that is an identification document. The days of waving the Blue passport ad shouting I'm a British citizen at the fuzzy wuzzies are long gone.

A Visa granted by the country you are visiting is authorisation.

You won't get far wandering into most non EU countries without a Visa or visa waiver. Frequently they greet you with guns.

However if you belong to the EU you don't need travel authorization within it. You may not need to show your identification within a subset the Schengen area so people without identification can move freely within it.

Bringing back travel authorization within the EU which is against its core principles will allow states to control all sorts of migration.

Funny that now the EU is falling apart under the onslaught of economic migration they are all for ignoring the rules yet won't let the UK amend them.

Comment

Working...
                      X