• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' for US trade deals post-Brexit"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Please do the needfuls, Mods.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    He'll also want what's best for Trump, and I suspect his golf course might be mentioned in negotiations.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...is-golf-course

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think he is a big fan of what is best for the USA
    He'll also want what's best for Trump, and I suspect his golf course might be mentioned in negotiations.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...is-golf-course

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Muslamic rayguns in production yet?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yup Trump is a big fan of free trade.

go go go ....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Yup Trump is a big fan of free trade.

go go go ....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Donald Trump's trade adviser says UK will go to front of queue for a deal if he is elected | The Independent

Front of the line Barack, front of the line.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    There's only one thing you really need to know and that's your leave vote is worth exactly the same as sasguru's remain.
    Yeah that's the problem with democracy!!

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I am obviously dim - so if we become a state of Europe we will be a contender - or we won't be because the UK as a concept will disappear so yes Europe may be a contender but Britain or the UK will just be a distant memory?
    There's only one thing you really need to know and that's your leave vote is worth exactly the same as sasguru's remain.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    We're a contender within the EU, not outside. Our industrial base is too small.
    Within the EU we can kind of leverage other strengths as well as our own, which lie in services.
    IS the EU a contender?
    It's still the richest part of the planet by a long shot, rivalled only by the US.
    Latest figures show its GDP has finally reached pre-recession heights, so its beginning to grow again.
    I am obviously dim - so if we become a state of Europe we will be a contender - or we won't be because the UK as a concept will disappear so yes Europe may be a contender but Britain or the UK will just be a distant memory?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What balls up? Some pathetic charge trumped up by back-stairs Whitehall weasels because he wouldn't tow the party line?

His career looks pretty impressive to me, and unlike some senior military bods he is prepared to speak his mind.
    Haven't the Taliban re-occupied Helmand?
    Although to be fair I should blame the politicians for that.
    He's completely battulip about Israel, though.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    This is the Colonel Kemp who made such a balls up in Afghanistan I take it?

Also a mad Zionist and fundamentalist Christian.
    What balls up? Some pathetic charge trumped up by back-stairs Whitehall weasels because he wouldn't tow the party line?

His career looks pretty impressive to me, and unlike some senior military bods he is prepared to speak his mind.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ok sorry must have over phrased my question?

Why do we care about being a counterbalance to Germany?

Are we really a contender or is the EU a contender?
    We're a contender within the EU, not outside. Our industrial base is too small.
    Within the EU we can kind of leverage other strengths as well as our own, which lie in services.
    IS the EU a contender?
    It's still the richest part of the planet by a long shot, rivalled only by the US.
    Latest figures show its GDP has finally reached pre-recession heights, so its beginning to grow again.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no it will probably be served by either AssGuru or MF.

i have a feeling assguru is experienced in serving double shots already

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Absolutely no idea.
    Yup that's beginning to become clear.
    WHS

Do you know?
    Yes.