• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesla model 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Accept no substitutes...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Have you upgraded your scooter to a bike yet?
      This time next year...

Comment

Accept no substitutes...
        How did you get out of an SL55 and think that these are progress???

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I think you've answered your own question.

Had both a Porsche and a Merc and I'd take the Porsche every time.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I sat in a Model S last year in the dealership in Knutsford (can't see the WAGS will going for them, unless some z-list "sleb" gets one) but I have to say I was impressed with it.

I am seeing more charging points about the place.

Price was a bit toppy so I can see why they've reduced it for the model 3.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I think you've answered your own question.

Had both a Porsche and a Merc and I'd take the Porsche every time.
              Its a common sentiment but if you are actually driving any porker hard enough to show up the improvement over the SL then you are probably on borrowed time before you visit a prison.

Comment

ZZZZ. Wake me up when you can plug them into a normal 3 pin socket.

Until then you can fight over the limited charging points away from home, or pay thousands for a charging point at home.

I'll stay with the planet killing gas guzzler. Probably works out cheaper per mile when the leccy companies bump the prices up again due to massive demand from everyone plugging in their cars overnight.

I suppose one bonus is that you may be able to plug them in at work/client and get free top ups. Though I expect them to clamp down on that when popularity rises and (their leccy bill too), so all the permies aren't saving on fuel costs commuting to work by plugging in at work instead of home.

What happened to those hydrogen fuel cells? Are lithium batteries winning that 'betamax' war?
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I had it fixed from all typical problems, so now that it drives well it seems a shame to get rid of it... unfortunately it seems to slow down more and more

Comment

Its a common sentiment but if you are actually driving any porker hard enough to show up the improvement over the SL then you are probably on borrowed time before you visit a prison.
                    I have not test driven 911 yet, mainly to prevent myself from having to buy it straight away ...

SL55 is old (2002 design, 2008 made), only 4.5 to 60 (it was good 15 years ago), gearbox is only 5 and it's nowhere near as good as PDK or other dual clutches, also the car is heavy - 2 tons.

Comment

I have not test driven 911 yet, mainly to prevent myself from having to buy it straight away ...

SL55 is old (2002 design, 2008 made), only 4.5 to 60 (it was good 15 years ago), gearbox is only 5 and it's nowhere near as good as PDK or other dual clutches, also the car is heavy - 2 tons.
                      Five speed auto, I would have thought Merc used the 7 speed auto?

5 litre V8, 2 tons, 5 speed auto, it's never going to be a sports car...more like an old American muscle car.

Comment

Working...
                      X