• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tesla model 3

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tesla model 3"

Collapse

• El Snarfo
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Definitely not cut out to be a contractor if you're having to save up for it.
    Well, I'm technically out of work at the mo, having a week off between gigs. At my current day rate of £0/day I'm struggling to save as much as I would like, but it's good to have a dream.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by El Snarfo View Post
    I'm saving up for one of these.
    Definitely not cut out to be a contractor if you're having to save up for it.

Leave a comment:

• El Snarfo
    replied
    I'm saving up for one of these.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Only 15k miles per year? Amateur.
    You are dissing admin here...

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That was covered earlier, 10 year old Golf diesel with 150K on the clock.
    Only 15k miles per year? Amateur.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We've moved on to proper contractor cars...
    That was covered earlier, 10 year old Golf diesel with 150K on the clock.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    What happened to the discussion about the Tesla 3? This thread is about it, isn't it?
    We've moved on to proper contractor cars...

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    What happened to the discussion about the Tesla 3?

This thread is about it, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    The reason why i asked why would anyone go from an SL to a 911 is because there is something nice about setting the car on to radar based auto cruise and sit back while having a back massage on the way home from work.
    911 991 TTS is a very nice GT car - much quicker than SL, better handling due to 4WD, lots of meaningful handling tricks, lighter car, looks better, also it's 2+2.

Only negative is there is no metal roof cabrio, if they had that they'd be on a top seller, that said I might keep the SL too...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Pretty much why I've gone for a jaguar. I do a fair bit of mileage and it is mostly motorway.

SVR... looks good too

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yes but you're breaking the law, lucky you're not in the USA as you would have been beaten up and then shot by now
    Who said anything about me breaking the law?

I was doing 200 mph in my helicopter whilst observing slowly moving ants on motorway doing mere 90 mph, life is good...

AtW in "MarillionFan" mode
    Last edited by AtW; 4 April 2016, 22:00.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    72mph is the goal for speed enforcement across the UK and its almost in their grasp. Soon it will be time to put our toys away because they don't need to waist time on old fashion cameras with flashes anymore because its insanely cheep to use average speed cameras on a 4g network apparently. I don't Have the 5.5 because after careful consideration I decided I was too likely to use it and the advances in the current SL make even the current 500 overkill. I like really the AMG's and at some point I will do something stupid and buy a 63 but at the moment the way AMG are treating their 450 engines the 63 could be gone before too long.

The reason why i asked why would anyone go from an SL to a 911 is because there is something nice about setting the car on to radar based auto cruise and sit back while having a back massage on the way home from work.
    Pretty much why I've gone for a jaguar. I do a fair bit of mileage and it is mostly motorway.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    I'd love a Turbo S as much as you, but I'm not parting with £150k on a car that can only legally do 34% of its top speed. Granted, I wouldn't be done by a speed camera because I'd be out of frame but meh.
    72mph is the goal for speed enforcement across the UK and its almost in their grasp. Soon it will be time to put our toys away because they don't need to waist time on old fashion cameras with flashes anymore because its insanely cheep to use average speed cameras on a 4g network apparently. I don't Have the 5.5 because after careful consideration I decided I was too likely to use it and the advances in the current SL make even the current 500 overkill. I like really the AMG's and at some point I will do something stupid and buy a 63 but at the moment the way AMG are treating their 450 engines the 63 could be gone before too long.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    This is the future: Meet Sir Vival, the safety car from a future that wasn't | Autoweek

Leave a comment:

Working...
X