• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane hijack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    Shouldn't that raise questions about Airport Security as well ? Convincing looking devices even though not real. Haven't there been reports of children's toy guns being checked ?

Also, once the plane is on a tarmac, I believe the process is for the pilots to disembark via their window though not sure if this is still current procedure

Actually, a couple of years ago, after Christmas I flew out of Brisl airport with the Mrs and children, unfortunately, we had 2 Nerf guns like this http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=NrJCBPyE (let's call them actuators) in the hand luggage and the security wouldn't let them through, said they looked like guns, obviously it wasn't worth paying sleazy jet the extra for added luggage so I went back to Information and gave them to the lady working there and asked her to "dispose" of them.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
      According to the beeb, Hijacker turns out to be a love sick romeo.

ODSQ

DIRE STRAITS LYRICS - Romeo And Juliet
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        At least you could get tanked up on free Champagne to drown your sorrows

MF, Suity and Wilmslow !

Milan.

Comment

Some bloke got a selfie with the hijacker

O brave new world…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

O brave new world…

That is quite funny.

One of the TV reports said he was a vet, so he may have had a plausible reason for travelling with rolled up bandages and coloured tubes.

Comment

I'm sure the men, women and children on board laughed their @rses off during the flight, with the "comical" suicide bomber threatening to blow them all to pieces.

I hope he gets 20 years in a Cyprus prison to think about his jolly jape.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I guess the guy, being in Europe now, will be classed as an asylum seeker, no charges will be pressed on the hijacking, and he'll be on his way to a life of free housing, healthcare and money in the UK within weeks.

He'll get free housing, food and healthcare all right. In prison.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

O brave new world…
                  Isn't that Arsene Wenger?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I thought it was Jeff Goldblum at first:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      the chap on the right looks like Alex the King.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X