• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a heart attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear she's going to be treated tomorrow. She'll be much better once the angioplasty is done; it really is like flipping a switch from "ill" to "better" for many people, and will almost certainly be so for her given that they reckon it's not too serious

I found the Coronary Care Unit to be much as you described, too. It's a simple matter of statistics that, if you put all the people with significant heart conditions in one room, a large proportion of them are going to be old and very ill, and a number of those will also have dementia to some degree or another. Add to this the constant beeping of a couple of dozen cardiogram machines and the occasional emergency, and it doesn't make for an environment that's conducive to a good night's sleep

Comment

Keep that chin up old chap. Sounds like you have done all all the right things...

You have been talking about future work prospects, maybe you should think of a nice extended break for the MF family instead.

I have been run ragged myself before, hence why I'm currently doing sod all.

Please make us all, truly, jealous.....potentially ill high flyers don't, personally, do it for me.

Good Luck.

MMM.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Well sorry Nick, but that's nonsense.

I've been smoking since I was twelve, and I'm now nearly 60, which means I've been smoking for the better part of 50 years and no sign of ticker trouble yet.
        An increased risk is an increased risk. A massively increased risk is a massively increased risk. It doesn't imply certainty. Never did probability at school?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Doe's make you think though doesn't it. Should Champagne really be sold to those who can afford it over those who can't?
          If things are serious people do get looked at. If a private hospital messes up and someone needs ICU, they go to NHS.

Jut don't move her from NHS to private hospital.

Anyone is entitled to whatever view they want on private/NHS. At the end of the day, you do whatever is best for your family.

When MrsBP1 was ill, I went in hospital and made the lives of the nurses and consultants difficulty. My cousin is a consultant so told me what they should be doing. I was very unpopular. But it was worth it to make things better for MrsBP1.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            An increased risk is an increased risk. A massively increased risk is a massively increased risk. It doesn't imply certainty. Never did probability at school?
            He's a smoker. He will be in denial until it's right in front of his face.

A lot of my friends' who smoked who did degrees with statistics in them only stopped smoking when one of their parents, whether that parent smoked or not, had heart trouble. Though the quickest way to get people to stop smoking is knowing someone with a condition like emphysema. Cancers have no effect.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I gave up smoking in 1989. Coffee in 2007. Alcohol in 2011.

They only one I miss is smoking. Incredibly tough to give up. I would like to see the age you can buy cigarettes increase each year.

If it was not for cocaine and dancing girls life would be intolerable....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I gave up smoking in 1989. Coffee in 2007. Alcohol in 2011.

They only one I miss is smoking. Incredibly tough to give up. I would like to see the age you can buy cigarettes increase each year.

If it was not for cocaine and dancing girls life would be intolerable....
                I presently seem to have all the vices. I even have Don Johnson locked in my cellar.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sorry to hear that MF .

Hope she gets seen by the doctors soon and she recovers fully.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I presently seem to have all the vices. I even have Don Johnson locked in my cellar.
                    I know someone else just the same, they all seem to go hand in hand with one another....
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

MF - sorry to hear this. Good luck to you and the missus over the next few days and weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X