• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit looming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This is about the best I could find Sad lot, statisticians.

I think we can assume that sassy never gets laid unless he pays for it.

Comment

There was some vaguely interesting analysis about this on Newsnight tonight. I say vaguely in the sense that it was pretty boring, so I'm going to share the pain. You can find a corruption of it here, although I'm pleased to see some headless chickenry just across the way.

Anyhoo, according to these trusted experts who are invariably correct more often than a coin toss, but within the margin of tossing error, they reckon the phone polls are somewhat, perhaps 2/3rds of the gap, closer to reality (on the plus side, they generally don't present an "undecided" option, and undecideds tend to swing towards the quo, and they also tend to better represent demographics), but not all the way there, because phone polls tend to be too liberal (just like the GE, right? Right). Given a ~10 point lead in recent phone polls (perhaps 6% after adjusting for the above analysis) and factoring perhaps a 5% OAP turnout swing to Brexit, it's pretty close. In summary, therefore, we're none the wiser, but somewhat poorer, thanks to the BBC license fee.

Comment

Bookies have 'stay' at 2/5. It won't even be close.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Revealed: 1.6 million migrants moved to Britain from EU in nine years - Telegraph
          Britain must leave Europe to regain control of its borders and improve national security, a justice minister is warning, after it emerged that more than 1.6 million migrants moved to the UK from within the EU in nine years.

The figure, released by the UK Statistics Authority, means an average of 500 people every day moved to the country between 2006 and 2014.
          And this has no effect on national security, the NHS, price of a home for your children, wages, transport, schools, benefits payments or crime.

Not according to the "flabby Liberal" latte drinkers, no.

Brexit!

Comment

1.6m over nine years

No chance it's been 350k + per year at least.

Drive around London and count the polski sklep shops.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
              1.6m over nine years

And what is the official ratio between immigrants and such shops?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Bookies have 'stay' at 2/5. It won't even be close.
                Unfortunately at those odds, that'll still be like printing money.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                  1.6m over nine years

Of which around 180k per year is for university studies according to the ONS.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                    Of which around 180k per year is for university studies according to the ONS.
                    yes those really long whole life courses

Comment

And over 2M Brits who live in the EU will have to return after Brexit if they don't get work permits, pensions and healthcare

Comment

Working...
                      X