• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AH puddy cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Don't cats have retractable claws? How's that work then?
    I guess they'd retract at the same time?

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Also, indoor cats need their claws clipped regularly. How's that work then?
    This part is more an issue. But then humans need to trim their nails and still get false nails, etc, so maybe you just have to re-do them regularly or something.

In the US (and probably some other places) it's common to de-claw your pet cat at a young age. Seems cruel to me as cats need their claws to work properly, but then is it any worse than cutting out their ovaries and putting their willies in a crimping machine?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I guess they'd retract at the same time?

This part is more an issue. But then humans need to trim their nails and still get false nails, etc, so maybe you just have to re-do them regularly or something.

In the US (and probably some other places) it's common to de-claw your pet cat at a young age. Seems cruel to me as cats need their claws to work properly, but then is it any worse than cutting out their ovaries and putting their willies in a crimping machine?
      It's actually worse.

Cats use their claws if they fall or jump to grip onto things. It basically stops them being a proper cat.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Poor cats. Get a scratcher ( I don't know the name in English) for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          Poor cats. Get a scratcher ( I don't know the name in English) for them.
          scratching post.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Poor cats. Get a sofa(I don't know any expensive English brand) for them.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It's actually worse.

Cats use their claws if they fall or jump to grip onto things. It basically stops them being a proper cat.
              Yeah that was my thought. Although I guess it makes them look 'cuter' when they keep falling off things
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

@wysiwyg Some cats will only scratch the scratching post while others will scratch everything insight.

Cats are all different.

This is part of the reason some people don't like them as each cat has a different personality. They can't work out why one cat is extremely friendly while another simply dislikes all humans including their owner.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Cats are all different.

This is part of the reason some people don't like them as each cat has a different personality. They can't work out why one cat is extremely friendly while another simply dislikes all humans including their owner.
                  So a bit like women then?

Comment

Cats should be to trainable to wipe there feet as well, I just had a load of decorating done day after they finished I found muddy paw prints up 3 walls under the windows were they run up the walls, little f**kers.
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Yeah that was my thought. Although I guess it makes them look 'cuter' when they keep falling off things
                      They also tend to become more aggressive since they've lost one of their main weapons. In order to de-claw a cat you have to remove the last joint in their fingers. No vet that actually had any regard for their profession would perform this operation.

Comment

Working...
                      X