• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borderreiver
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So they are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud too
    As PC would say, it's the beginning of a worrying trend ...

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Errm, Your Company should be billing them for the hours you do for your company. End of.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
    With clients agreement of course.
    So they are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud too

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.
    And more interesting.... and I hate soaps!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    i think both were on last night.

The story lines are more believable than this thread.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Or is it Eastenders tonight?

Leave a comment:

• mankyspanky
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No offense but it sounds like you have openly admitted to fraud (taken days off and billed) and are making a rod for your own back
    With clients agreement of course.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
    Weekend work is becoming an issue too. I've done a fair bit in evenings remotely and at weekends. In the past they've been ok and I've taken day off and billed.

So they want something done this weekend. No worries we'll just add it to TOIL I say.

Manager says its ok you came in late today so we'll call it quits....

Unbelievable. Contract says 7.5 hours a day. I rarely do less than 8 and they get this for free.

Anything I have to do remotely from home, or weekends goes as TOIL.... but looks like this cheeky git is canning this now!

Fair play to him for maximising contractor resources for free (or at least trying to!)
    No offense but it sounds like you have openly admitted to fraud (taken days off and billed) and are making a rod for your own back

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What time is Emmerdale on tonight?

Leave a comment:

• mankyspanky
    replied
    Weekend work is becoming an issue too. I've done a fair bit in evenings remotely and at weekends. In the past they've been ok and I've taken day off and billed.

So they want something done this weekend. No worries we'll just add it to TOIL I say.

Manager says its ok you came in late today so we'll call it quits....

Unbelievable. Contract says 7.5 hours a day. I rarely do less than 8 and they get this for free.

Anything I have to do remotely from home, or weekends goes as TOIL.... but looks like this cheeky git is canning this now!

Fair play to him for maximising contractor resources for free (or at least trying to!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X