• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What next - crucifixion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will have a check when I get home
    I enter "The Upside" and see various other books listed, like The Upside Down Mountain, but not your mate's book. One can get it by typing in the full name but if it is not in the list shown when you type part of a name most people are going to conclude it is not available.

Anyway, let me know what you find on your Kindle MS. Cheers.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 March 2016, 11:30.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Here's one of her stories - reminded me of when I brought a snowball back from Scotland to Cape Town as a kid to show my friend who'd never seen snow. Security was a little friendlier in those days, and my snowball got into the freezer on the plane. Made it to South Africa, but winter in Scotland = summer in SA, and snowball became puddle quite quickly.

Edit: Sound quality appalling - works better with volume low.
      saw this & burst out laughing

There's a courier here says he's got 50TB of cloud data for you • The Register
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ah yes, no telly before '76. I think that's why a read a lot!
        I recall dashing home at break time with my pals from school to watch the test pattern, in snowy black & white - 1975. I read a lot too, and played out until it was dark, climbed trees and hills. Went to the beach after school and took my dad's gun to junior school "show and tell" (it was a Walther PPK in .380).
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          I recall dashing home at break time with my pals from school to watch the test pattern, in snowy black & white - 1975. I read a lot too, and played out until it was dark, climbed trees and hills. Went to the beach after school and took my dad's gun to junior school "show and tell" (it was a Walther PPK in .380).
          Heidi (in Afrikaans) and Brady Bunch are the only things I remember watching.

Comment

Heidi (in Afrikaans) and Brady Bunch are the only things I remember watching.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_C...Double_Deckers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banana_Splits

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              But when they say "in 100 years time....". They want shooting.

In 100 years time it won't matter what we've said on here.

Unless that's "I'm going to do xyz" and xyz is the name of a death cult masquerading as religion whose initiation ceremony is to blow up a school. They might not have any active members but they sure start a lot of BOOMED threads before flouncing off.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
              X