• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What next - crucifixion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This whole thread has made me laugh.

Hopeful the religious on here will stop slagging other religions off...
    They'll get cross nqat
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Crucifiction - My mate's book
      Looks good. Just about to download. Sod it. My Kindle needs charging again.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Looks good. Just about to download. Sod it. My Kindle needs charging again.
        Here's one of her stories - reminded me of when I brought a snowball back from Scotland to Cape Town as a kid to show my friend who'd never seen snow. Security was a little friendlier in those days, and my snowball got into the freezer on the plane. Made it to South Africa, but winter in Scotland = summer in SA, and snowball became puddle quite quickly.

Edit: Sound quality appalling - works better with volume low.
        Last edited by mudskipper; 3 March 2016, 22:50.

Comment

Jack Burton's branching out into airlines so the paranoid can travel on his Pork Chop Express.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
            Or the asylum for talking to an imaginary friend
            33% of people believe they have a guardian angel according to a survey a few years back.

Of bigger concern is people who believe what scientists tell them. A lot of the stuff they post about the past is dodgy enough. But when they say "in 100 years time....". They want shooting.

Comment

On a flight open you rlaptop and look at this:
              http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf

Comment

Here's one of her stories
                Dunno what's going on here. Can access the Kindle version page of that on PC but not found by search on Kindle itself. Tried "The upside" and "upside". Can you see it on Kindle missus MS?

PS More importantly can't find the brilliant xoggoth Tales either. Used to be found ok.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Dunno what's going on here. Can access the Kindle version page of that on PC but not found by search on Kindle itself. Tried "The upside" and "upside". Can you see it on Kindle missus MS?

PS More importantly can't find the brilliant xoggoth Tales either. Used to be found ok.
                  Will have a check when I get home - I tend to buy from the PC. I've got xoggoth tales on my Kindle, but I've got the print version of USDJ, being a pal of the author and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Here's one of her stories - reminded me of when I brought a snowball back from Scotland to Cape Town as a kid to show my friend who'd never seen snow. Security was a little friendlier in those days, and my snowball got into the freezer on the plane. Made it to South Africa, but winter in Scotland = summer in SA, and snowball became puddle quite quickly.
                    I remember going up into the Drakensberg and there was a puddle iced over, fascinated! Then on a trip back to the UK and it snowed, even more fascinated but then going into the front room and...television!
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      I remember going up into the Drakensberg and there was a puddle iced over, fascinated! Then on a trip back to the UK and it snowed, even more fascinated but then going into the front room and...television!
                      Ah yes, no telly before '76. I think that's why a read a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X