• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allah Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be fair to say that religion has caused very few wars.

However in order to garner support various people have used religion as their justification for killing people when in reality they are just doing a land/resource grab?

So religion is the excuse and not the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Wouldn't it be fair to say that religion has caused very few wars.

However in order to garner support various people have used religion as their justification for killing people when in reality they are just doing a land/resource grab?

So religion is the excuse and not the cause?
      religion is the mechanism to change a small argument into a great war.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Any one found any links concerning wars caused by Atheists?

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
          Well, they've had more than their share of wars and massacres and the adherents who often perpetrate these acts claim to be all about peace and love. Do the maths fatty.
          Do they? I think you're mixing up hard-line Christian rulers with Ringo Starr.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Any one found any links concerning wars caused by Atheists?
            Until fairly recently, atheists were in a minority so this is statistically a misleading question.

I mean we have Stalin. Pol Pot. Various North Korean leaders. But those are just genocides rather than wars so they're OK?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Do they? I think you're mixing up hard-line Christian rulers with Ringo Starr.
              It's hard to top the Crusades and they were ordered by the Pope. Then you have all that sectarian Xian on Xian action during the Middle Ages. So much it's hard to choose from!

Comment

And did these people subscribe to Hippy "peace and love" ideals or are you just making that up?

Comment

Until fairly recently, atheists were in a minority so this is statistically a misleading question.
                  mainly because if you renounced God (be he Jehovah or Allah) then 'true believers' tended to kill you.

Comment

And did these people subscribe to Hippy "peace and love" ideals or are you just making that up?
                    What, Jesus only started talking about that recently or are you saying Christianity is a young religion and none the adherents were real Christian until modern times?

Most people claiming to be Christian do not adhere to the values the faith purports to have - shocking, I know. Perhaps if they reflected more normal human sentiments they'd have a chance of being adhered to by more than a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                      It's hard to top the Crusades and they were ordered by the Pope caused by Muslim immigrants blocking Christian access to Jerusalem. Then you have all that sectarian Xian on Xian action during the Middle Ages. So much it's hard to choose from!
                      FTFY

BBC - KS3 Bitesize History - The Crusades : Revision, Page 2

The Christians were bloodthirsty & uncontrolled 1000 years ago, they have got better - mostly

Comment

Working...
                      X