• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit...I have decided

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm surprised - aren't us entrepreneurial contractor types supposed to be risk takers?
    And I thought it was just to pay less tax.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      You planning to educate them about the ills of divorce any time soon?
      No. They have leant about marriage. They can see the way women behave.

Comment

Maybe the pound will crash, maybe the banks will move to Paris, maybe house prices will crash and there will be a deep recession, but in all the excitement we don't really know.

you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

If one was going to adopt a contrarian voting position, then shouldn't the key influencer be Blair rather than Johnston ?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And I thought it was just to pay less tax.
            only if you don't offer directorships to the government.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              If one was going to adopt a contrarian voting position, then shouldn't the key influencer be Blair rather than Johnston ?
              There does seem to be a feeling at the moment that Leave is the contrarian thing to do. All political parties in the UK (save for the DUP) have an official line of Remain. It really shouldn't be about personalities and as luck would have it both sides have some interesting characters.

Comment

The noise with Boris is just noise. I do think he is a very clever chap. But it is also pretty transparent that his move to the leave side is based, in part, with his leadership desires.

So, we have Boris, Farrage, Gove and a few othermiscreants campaigning to leave. Anyone watch Newsnight last night? The remain campaign can adopt the same tactics as '75 - leave is full of nutters. You don't want to be a nutter do you?

I am still on the side of leave at the minute despite Boris joining. Nothing that we have with the EU can't be accomplished by having agreements with them.

Gov being adamant that a leave vote won't trigger another referendum but I agree with Mr Fitz, a leave vote may well just cause renegotiation and another vote. But if it did land us out then that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

If leaving the EU caused a drop in house prices, bankers leaving the country and an exodus then that would be quite nice. Like the zombie apocalypse but without the zombies. There will still be businesses, there will still be money to be made and deals to be done. I don't want to be part of an EU super state.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  I don't want to be part of an EU super state.
                  And there, in a nutshell, is why I'm a Leave voter.

Comment

since the buffoon has started to campaign for OUT I am going to be IN
                    As sound a reason as many. Perhaps we should see what the Bible or Qu'ran says on the matter. Brexit was predicted in Isiah 6:2-35 and doom fell upon the people of Esekial or some such crap.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Initially I was going to be OUT but since the buffoon has started to campaign for OUT I am going to be IN just because being IN would mean things would carry on as normal and banks wont collapse again and Pound wont get hammered again and companies wont layoff again.
                      But we need the crash to restore balance in the force.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X