• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In or Out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Can we get a "I don't know enough yet" option?
    Are you saying you know how to do this ? -> I like to shake andyw's mum all about

Comment

I get the impression that Call Me Dave, went in with such low expectations just so he can say "we have achieved something", most of which says that the status quo shall remain the same and no new fundamental things will happen unless the UK sign up to them, which is the exact position the UK is in now.

My view is biased as we have property in Spain, and I guess it will easier to flit between here and there while we are part of the EU, which is why an undecided sways to a stay in.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Out. Then we can start the negotiations proper.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          I thought this thread was about doing "in or out" with AndyW's mum
          Sex manual for men:

In, out. Repeat if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            (just - I lose franchise next year).

Darn...
            Bloody foreigners
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What I think the problem is...

1) We're a economy dependant on the commerce of property and retail therapy. Exports are poor. Services can go as quick as the came. And even the exports we have are belonging to foreign companies whose shareholders have little interest in protecting those of the business. Cadbury, Mini, so on...

2) The EU makes a law difficult to implement or is unfair for some states. We're the only EU country to follow new laws to the letter, and to our own detriment. Italy, for example, takes an à la carte approach. They've never given up their sovereignty. Somehow we believe we have. You don't need to vote out to claim your sovereignty. You've never lost it. We just don't act.

The EU needs change, no doubt about that. That change will come if the UK leaves. But with the UK outside and a changing EU on your doorstep, one we've no control over whatsoever. We need to be part of the solution rather than running away from the problem. When someone holds a gun to your head you pull out a bigger one. That's the British way.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                My view is biased as we have property in Spain, and I guess it will easier to flit between here and there while we are part of the EU, which is why an undecided sways to a stay in.
                We will still have passports and I am sure flights will still be coming and going!

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Out. Then we can start the negotiations proper.
                I thought an out vote would be that - out. No negotiations. Or do you mean negotiations in terms of how hard they want to bend us over for being quitters and trying to mess with their utopian super-power dream?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  DaveB - I am like indecisive Dave from the fast show. Give me a good argument to stay in and I will wobble like FLC on a plate... I get the upheaval that leaving would create but I think the money we waste on the EU will help to cover us. Lots more public sector jobs to be had as well if we make the move, think of the contracts that would be created!
                  If we were to leave properly it would cost far more to renegotiate everything with the EU than any potential saving. But it won't happen because if we do leave we'll become part of the EFTA and pay exactly the same into the EU budget as we do now.

The "renegotiation" hasn't achieved anything though. Cameron hasn't done the pro-EU case any favours by doing this.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I thought an out vote would be that - out. No negotiations. Or do you mean negotiations in terms of how hard they want to bend us over for being quitters and trying to mess with their utopian super-power dream?
                    Do you think BMW will continue to manufacture mini's / Rolls Royce outside the EU on a out vote? From a business point of view there's a additional risk, why accept it?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We will still have passports and I am sure flights will still be coming and going!
                      Its more ownership, residency etc.
                      Last edited by SimonMac; 3 February 2016, 09:29.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X