• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Was intended for meatloaf but they had an artists tiff.
    Tyler and Steinman said it wasn't. Meatloaf said it was.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Tyler and Steinman said it wasn't. Meatloaf said it was.
      oh ok, teach me to watch documentaries!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh ok, teach me to watch documentaries!
        Their word against his - who knows?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Their word against his - who knows?
          indeed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...s-dies-aged-65

Les McKeown Bay City Rollers front man dies aged 65
            I used to love the Rollers when I was a kid despite them being a bit of a girl's band though I'd always assumed they were from 'Frisco so discovering that they were from Dundee did take the sheen off slightly.

Their cover of Bye Bye Baby is out of this world and these days it's hard not to listen to Les' voice echoing down the decades without a small lump in the throat when you think of the fun, innocent times it evokes whilst at the same time taking on board the band's somewhat tragedy laden fall from grace.
            Last edited by Great Britten; 23 April 2021, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post

I used to love the Rollers when I was a kid despite them being a bit of a girl's band though I'd always assumed they were from 'Frisco so discovering that they were from Dundee did take the shine off slightly.

Their cover of Bye Bye Baby is out of this world and these days it's hard not to listen to Les' voice echoing down the decades without a small lump in the throat when you think of the fun, innocent times it evokes whilst at the same time taking on board the band's somewhat tragedy laden fall from grace.
              They were from Edinburgh, but the rest does apply :-)

Their manager was a nice bloke . I have a mate who was in quite a big and well known band when the rollers were heading for oblivion in the late 70's and early 80's and he recants tales of their predilection for sniffing glue. "All of me loves all of u-hu" as the man himself would say (regularly).
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Michael Collins - the "forgotten" astronaut who stayed in the Apollo 11 Command Module, while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin descended in the Lunar Module. Aged 90.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56921562

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-away-59.html

BREAKING Madonna protégé and Levi's model Nick Kamen dead at 59: Pal Boy George leads tributes to the star
                  • The Essex-born model, born Ivor Neville Kamen, was best known for his 1986 hit Each Time You Break My Heart and the iconic 1985 Levi's 501 commercial
                  • His friend Boy George confirmed the news on Instagram on Wednesday, writing: 'R.I.P to the most beautiful and sweetest man Nick Kamen!'
                  • After appearing in the Levi's advert aged 18, Madonna spotted Nick and reached out to collaborate on his hit single, which she wrote and cameo-ed on
                  • In a BBC radio interview in 1986, the songstress said she was inspired by Kamen's 'charisma' and 'beautiful voice', which led to the collaboration
                  • His music career spanned four LPs between 1987 and 1992

Comment

You guys and gals are so quick, I think you are all doing the killing. Grim Reapers the lot of you.

I thought I had Nick Kamen.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      You guys and gals are so quick, I think you are all doing the killing. Grim Reapers the lot of you.

I thought I had Nick Kamen.
                      Sorry it popped up on the wail and I thought that is no age!

Comment

Working...
                      X