• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Roger Bannister, first athlete to run a mile in under four minutes, dies aged 88

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...s-dies-aged-88

Comment

Shared from BBC Sport
      Davide Astori: Fiorentina captain and Italy international dies at the age of 31 - Davide Astori: Fiorentina captain and Italy international dies at the age of 31 - BBC Sport

Not really a celebrity but touching tribute wording - you were the best expression of an ancient, surpassed world, in which values ​​such as altruism, elegance, education and respect for others, were the masters.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Sir Roger Bannister, first athlete to run a mile in under four minutes, dies aged 88

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...s-dies-aged-88

Those were heady days indeed. RIP Roger

Comment

Trevor Baylis: Wind-up radio inventor dies aged 80 - BBC News

Trevor Bayliss, inventor of the wind up radio

Comment

NME, in print form at least.

Iconic NME magazine to end its weekly print edition - BBC News
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sir Ken Dodd.

Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90 - BBC News
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                At least he is reunited with his Dad's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I remember when he beat HMRC's prosecution, during which it was alleged that he kept large quantities of cash concealed in all kinds of odd places around the house, he returned to performing with a live TV show from some London theatre. He walked on stage, waited for the audience to stop applauding, and swiftly dismissed the elephant in the room with the one liner "My accountant told me to put my money into land, so I buried it in the back garden."

Comment

Having married his partner on Friday one imagines they're going to have to wait a while longer yet to get their hands on his loot.

Comment

Givenchy, French fashion icon, dies aged 91 - BBC News

Alas Hubert de Givenchy, I knew him well.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X