• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny Lynch

Kenny Lynch, British singer and entertainer, dies at 81 - BBC News
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Martin Peters: World Cup winner and West Ham legend dies aged 76

Martin Peters: World Cup winner and West Ham legend dies aged 76 - BBC Sport

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Now I can't stop thinking about Saturday Night at the Mill (or was that Kenny Ball?)

Comment

Didn't know he was still alive - 95; not a bad innings.

I also didn't know he was the father of Fern Britton.

Let's hope they show a bit of Robin's Nest in his honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
            Now I can't stop thinking about Saturday Night at the Mill (or was that Kenny Ball?)
            YouTube
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Yes, that's the one who was always on Pebble Mill. Along with Johnny Dankworth and Cleo Laine.

Comment

Ram Dass (born Richard Alpert), psychedelic researcher and spiritual teacher: Ram Dass - Wikipedia

Om shanti.

Comment

I thought Ram Dass was a bit of advice from a very busy German. Ho hum.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

did we miss the father of the 6502?

Personal computer CPU pioneer Chuck Peddle dies at 82 | Engadget

Chuck Peddle, one of the most important engineers of the early home computing era, has died from pancreatic cancer at the age of 82. He's best known as the lead designer for MOS Technology's 6502, a low-cost processor (just $25 in 1975) that found its way into first-wave home computers like the Apple II and Commodore PET. Variants of that core design found their way into influential consoles like the Atari 2600 and NES. If you have nostalgia for the days when 8-bit computers were cutting edge, you likely owe a debt of gratitude to Peddle.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Neil Innes of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, the Rutles, Monty Python, the Innes Book of Records, and numerous other collaborations

Neil Innes: Monty Python songwriter dies aged 75 - BBC News

Last edited by NickFitz; 30 December 2019, 13:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X