• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Matthews aka Sgt. Apone from movie Aliens now....

This is what I say to my colleagues every day:

"All right, people, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the office! A day in this contract is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love this contract!"

just watch this scene with him, it's inspiring:

YouTube

He worked in the UK mostly, retired in Spain. He was a decorated Vietnam Vet., I don't this he liked the U.S.
    government very much. RIP
    Last edited by sbakoola; 24 September 2018, 23:52.

Comment

Bye Postman Pat Author

Postman Pat and Rosie and Jim creator John Cunliffe dies at 85 | Daily Mail Online

• Writer John Cunliffe created Postman Pat which debuted on the BBC in 1981
      • Wrote and starred in children's TV show Rosie and Jim who lived on a canal boat
      • He died last Thursday in his home town of Ilkley, West Yorkshire, aged 85
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Sam Spoons of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band, Bill Posters Will Be Band, and others, passed away yesterday aged 76

Last edited by NickFitz; 28 September 2018, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sam Spoons of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band, Bill Posters Will Be Band, and others, passed away yesterday aged 76

Make me sad
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Arse, had heard that but not seen any confirmed reports
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Arse, had heard that but not seen any confirmed reports
                Neil Innes and others from the Bonzosphere have been talking about it on Twitter, so I think it can be taken as correct

Comment

Jefferson Airplane's Marty Balin dies aged 76

Jefferson Airplane's Marty Balin dies aged 76 - BBC News

Feeding his head in a better place with best of them now

Last edited by Dark Black; 29 September 2018, 13:15.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Neil Innes and others from the Bonzosphere have been talking about it on Twitter, so I think it can be taken as correct

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                      Jefferson Airplane's Marty Balin dies aged 76 - BBC News

Feeding his head in a better place with best of them now

:-(

Comment

Working...
                      X