• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good time to be buying a house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Trowbridge is lovely.
    Compared to the rest of Wiltshire, I don't think so monkey boy
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm out of the running now. What do the panel think though?

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Wingfield, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 , BA14
      Been to look at it already.

A lot of property for the money but just too big / needing too much work for me.

I'm after a home not an investment.

That said, I'm surprised it's still on the market.
      Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 12 January 2016, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Trowbridge, chav central, full of wannabe gangsters, according to someone local, we met in Bradford on Avon, recently.

HTH. BIDI.

Apart from that, the rest of Wiltshire's great, my old man has properties in Mere.
        its a bit pokey and needs a lot of work. they were too afraid to show the kitchen.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          It's misleading. It's got on the edge of BOA but in the Trowbag post code. It's on the BOA road in.

It's worth at least 650k. Done up it's a 1M property in that area with that land. Oh well, least it's one less hassle
          You're thinking too small. That place is a goldmine and a bargain at £500k.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            You're thinking too small. That place is a goldmine and a bargain at £500k.
            Only it's not £500k now ...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              its a bit pokey and needs a lot of work. they were too afraid to show the kitchen.
              http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/trowbridg...-all-evil.html

Sounds really lovely

Choice of activity – going down to Mcdonalds car park, or parking in the middle of the one way system. They smoke fags, and love picking up girls in the age range of 10-14, who have lots of girlfriends who can also sit with them. They like to talk about other boy racers, and drive around town repeatedly. They play very loud music ear drum bursting stylie. They spend enormous amounts of money on usually very cheap cars, cuh as novas, saxo’s and fiestas. They like to beeb their horn to get attention and do wheel spins.
              And

As you can gather, the small town of Trowbridge, near Bath, is not peaceful, picturesque and the centre of happiness. It is riddled with chavs from all disciplines, and is to be avoided at all costs.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Compared to the rest of Wiltshire, I don't think so monkey boy
                I was being ironic.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Sounds like a big upgrade for MF...

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                    Been to look at it already.

A lot of property for the money but just too big / needing too much work for me.

I'm after a home not an investment.

That said, I'm surprised it's still on the market.
                    Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Needed a lot of work doing, somewhere between 150-200k.

Replace the back single story, go into the roof with a dormer, front extension two story, balcony to the front and again, bring forward oak beams, knock through open plan kitchen, re-landscape the gardens, new driveway, do up the office, replacement garage etc.

It's a blank canvas, slap bang in the middle of a large plot, hardly any neighbours. you could do a complete grand designs job, or be like AtW and sleep on a sofa in the shed.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                      Global recession causes many investors to start looking at alternate places/countries to invest in. Isn't this what happened in 2008 when global recession did not really cause property crash in London because a lot of foreign investors were investing in properties. So even in recession, I doubt prices in London/SE would fluctuate much - maybe 2-3%
                      It depends on your definition of crash, but prices fell by 20%+, including in London, but they recovered fairly quickly (even by early 2010). However, in some areas outside of London and the SE, they haven't recovered at all. In London and the SE, valuations are more stretched than they were in 2008, so any correction would be substantially larger IMO. But it needs a major catalyst, a Lehman moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X