• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Told off on my first day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Except in the centre of town (which has limited on street parking) there's plenty of on street parking 5 mins walk from the centre. If you fancy taking on the PPC running the Waitrose car park it's free there also (free for 2 hours anyway).
    Might help, if you mention where the hell you are on about, location wise
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Construction industry have similar rules. I've been caught out by them before. And if you don't use the handrail, they tell you that you have to use the lifts.
      Do you need to use the handrail in the lifts? What if the lifts dont have handrails? I like something to hold on while im being taken for a ride :P

Comment

@MM: The post above mentions Wilmslow.

Comment

Don't worry, he probably didn't realise that we had Waitrose up north
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ah I see....
            The OP is Wilmslow, I don't believe he is working there
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Construction industry have similar rules. I've been caught out by them before. And if you don't use the handrail, they tell you that you have to use the lifts.
              Their reasoning is that good safety practice must be carried out at all their sites, not just quarries, but the same rules in the office buildings/car parks.
              Ah yes - the classic line that it is company policy on all sites.

Are we working in a quarry?

No we are working in an office.

Well then obviously different safety rules apply you dense melon farmer

It is a lazy H&S policy which ultimately costs the company money - I have done so many projects over the years to address these issues were some Muppet has implemented every policy and procedure in the book without any form of intellectual input and pretty much ground the company to a halt.

Identifying a risk is not the same as managing the risk.

Comment

It's done because lawyers are good at getting money for accidents. Implement a solution that makes it difficult for them and you're better off. "Elfin gone mad" as the DM would say. But if it stops companies from being sued because of greedy/lazy people, then it's a minor inconvenience.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                  Mate works at a company that for health & safety decided no hot liquids at your workstations, cos someone spilled a bit of soup on their hand (which had to go into the medical book).

Everyone went nuts, so they said okay tea and coffee is allowed but no soup.

So a mug of soup = reprimand
                  Mug of coffee = ok

Boggles the mind.
                  Eating at your desk is just gross though.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you can't follow a simple rule like "use a handrail" whether you agree with it or not, how are you expected to follow more complex rules which are important?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      If you can't follow a simple rule like "use a handrail" whether you agree with it or not, how are you expected to follow more complex rules which are important?
                      Why? Is he going for BDSM sessions?

Comment

Working...
                      X