• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Ziggy Stardust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His death was announced on his Facebook page; it says "{name redacted}, {name redacted}, {name redacted} and 316,674 others like this."

I suspect they don't actually like it at all…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      His death was announced on his Facebook page; it says "{name redacted}, {name redacted}, {name redacted} and 316,674 others like this."

I suspect they don't actually like it at all…
      It was vaguely amusing watching friends trying to decide whether to 'like' the status I posted after my mum died. (Scuttles off to check) 7 did, but I know what they meant

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        ...Some lune attributed the fall of the Berlin wall to said entertainer...
        Yeah - it was those loons at The German Foreign Office. But it was thanking Bowie for helping to bring down the wall. Not an attribution.

David Bowie at the Berlin Wall: the incredible story of a concert and its role in history - Vox
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

the violence only broke out when Genesis were playing, Phil Collins has that effect on some people.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The world will seem far less strange without him and that's no good thing
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I must admit, I couldn't really face listening to any of my Bowie CDs in the days following his passing. Too sad. Just gave Hunky Dory a spin on the way into work & listening to Life on Mars gave me a bit of a lump in the throat, I have to admit.

That said, when I was fortunate enough to have been amongst the crowd in front of the Pyramid Stage to witness him belt out Heroes with one of the most spectacular firwork shows I've ever seen as a backdrop, the tears were literally rolling down my face

That was certainly One of life's reaffirming moments.

Comment

Working...
              X