• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetran
    replied
    Moody Mod strikes again.

OK I can only post about cars, watches or attacking another poster.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Maybe they've already got to know the people they're housing? We have an asylum seeker staying with us. We'd known him for a year before inviting him. I'm hoping his application is granted as I'd like to take him on as a permie and makes some money out of him.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You might house people you already know. It mentions they're Christians so their church might have a program helping such people, which can funnel candidates their way.

Or they might not care about vetting that much, and take the view that if their house gets trashed, that's a risk they're willing to take.

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    This just isn't going to end well. The charity workers themselves are going to need charity to help them

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Charity workers who used life savings to buy first home to house asylum seekers | Daily Mail Online

Whilst I'm impressed that they care that much, lets hope it turns out OK. I fear it will turn to Tulip.
    <Headline Placeholder> Muslim Asylum seekers behead Christian Charity Worker after massive house blaze cause them to lose benefits>>

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't know how you'd go about vetting potential tenants, to make sure you don't end up with the wrong sort. It's a lovely thing to do though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    place your bets ladies &amp; gentlefolk

Charity workers who used life savings to buy first home to house asylum seekers | Daily Mail Online

Christian charity workers who used life savings to buy £100,000 first home will fill it with asylum seekers (they've even paid all bills for first year)
    Matthew and Steph Neville, both 35, used their life savings to buy a first home
    But they now plan to fill it with asylum seekers and have paid bills for first year
    Couple hoping first tenants move into Birmingham property before Christmas
    The husband and wife asked charity Hope Projects to find them some tenants
    Whilst I'm impressed that they care that much, lets hope it turns out OK. I fear it will turn to Tulip.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    FTFY

Apparently they liked a drink & smoke in the old days.
    Well, according to the M-i-L, the old man liked to dress up as an Alabama crack whore at the age of three, so there may be something in it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    They were assessed and the 20% were promoted to Daily Mail Editors at the age of three.
    FTFY

Apparently they liked a drink & smoke in the old days.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Brain tests at the age of THREE can predict a child's future | Daily Mail Online

feels satisfying but one worries they don't actually understand the science.
    They were assessed and then apprenticed as Daily Mail journalists at the age of three.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X