• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Avis are on my "do not touch with a sh1tty stick list" after they charged me $650 for a late return penalty at LAX. The planned return date was Sept 12 2001. Anyone care to remember what happened the day before?
    Erm... The soundtrack to Mariah Carey's movie "Glitter" hit the shelves?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Avis are on my "do not touch with a sh1tty stick list" after they charged me $650 for a late return penalty at LAX. The planned return date was Sept 12 2001. Anyone care to remember what happened the day before?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A spokesman at Avis said the charge had been added when Sterling fell after the EU referendum.
    They admitted that other drivers could have been charged the fee.
    A firm spokesman later said the fee was a system error and it was a 'miscommunication' by staff to call it a Brexit tax.
    So there you are, it was to adjust for the pound being down against the Euro, and it was a system error.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I wonder if Avis staff argue with each other and have to get the pilot to kick them both of the plane? linky
    Friend who works for a competitor certainly mentioned a lot of tension. Not a happy work environment.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I wonder if Avis staff argue with each other and have to get the pilot to kick them both of the plane? linky

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Faster than Easyjet

Avis slammed for imposing £2 ‘Brexit tax’ even though we haven’t left the EU yet  | Daily Mail Online

Car rental firm Avis slammed for imposing £2 ‘Brexit tax’ even though we haven’t left the EU yet
    Lord John Krebs charged £2.19 by Avis in France due to 'leaving the EU'
    Oxford Professor found extra fee as he returned car to Marseilles airport
    Car firm admitted other drivers may have paid the additional tax

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Reminds me of the time my English teacher went commando, and made it known, so to speak. Shame she wasn't much of a looker, or some of us would have ended up in her basement.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    and yet a again a MOD's personal vendetta merging popular threads gets on my nerves.

Obviously I should only post drivel about Brexit & personal insults...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Reminds me of the time my English teacher went commando, and made it known, so to speak. Shame she wasn't much of a looker, or some of us would have ended up in court.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Does SNSFW mean Slightly NSFW or Seriously NSFW?
    If you need to ask...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X