• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Osbourne forecasts doom after Christmas money is spent as predicted on CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    George Osborne has decided to get his excuses in early, listing a plethora of ‘serious global threats’ to him reaching the economic goals he promised he would.
    Genius.

Totally bullet proof
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So, the chief financial knut increases taxes massively, and then whines about "dangerous cocktail"?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        There may well be some fantastic investment opportunities as the year wears on.
        I plan to invest into guns, canned food and fuel.

If you can't afford to invest into canned food and fuel then just invest into guns ...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          FAIL !! Why wasn't AtW the creator of this thread?
          I was too busy checking the points where soup and potato queues will start...

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I plan to invest into guns, canned food and fuel and hunker down with Andy W's Mum.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So, the chief financial knut increases taxes massively, and then whines about "dangerous cocktail"?
              Have contractor taxes gone up?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Have contractor taxes gone up?
                In April they will by 30% for me

I'd say it's pretty fooking big change...

Also, I am pretty certain that my landlord is selling off flats to beat April's 3% increase in stamp duty

Comment

Nice typo on the BBC story at the moment:

I don't think he needs to worry about there being any competency, creeping or otherwise, for as long as this shower are in office

Comment

Chancellors dirty hands are creeping into our wallets...

Comment

I was too busy landmining the points where soup and potato queues will start...
                      FTFY
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X