• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "George Osbourne forecasts doom after Christmas money is spent as predicted on CUK"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I was too busy landmining the points where soup and potato queues will start...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Chancellors dirty hands are creeping into our wallets...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Nice typo on the BBC story at the moment:

I don't think he needs to worry about there being any competency, creeping or otherwise, for as long as this shower are in office

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have contractor taxes gone up?
    In April they will by 30% for me

I'd say it's pretty fooking big change...

Also, I am pretty certain that my landlord is selling off flats to beat April's 3% increase in stamp duty

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So, the chief financial knut increases taxes massively, and then whines about "dangerous cocktail"?
    Have contractor taxes gone up?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

I plan to invest into guns, canned food and fuel and hunker down with Andy W's Mum.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    FAIL !! Why wasn't AtW the creator of this thread?
    I was too busy checking the points where soup and potato queues will start...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There may well be some fantastic investment opportunities as the year wears on.
    I plan to invest into guns, canned food and fuel.

If you can't afford to invest into canned food and fuel then just invest into guns ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So, the chief financial knut increases taxes massively, and then whines about "dangerous cocktail"?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    George Osborne has decided to get his excuses in early, listing a plethora of ‘serious global threats’ to him reaching the economic goals he promised he would.
    Genius.

Totally bullet proof

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    George Osborne adds new economic excuses to classic hit ‘Labour done it’

George Osborne has decided to get his excuses in early, listing a plethora of ‘serious global threats’ to him reaching the economic goals he promised he would.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There may well be some fantastic investment opportunities as the year wears on.

I thought houses were still cheap? Prices can only go up.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    FAIL !! Why wasn't AtW the creator of this thread?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I know he is winging it and sheetin' his little breeches.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    It is a clear indicator of a balanced economy when sand people trading insults makes it wobble.

House prices went up by 10% last year, compensating for the decimation of UK manufacturing which is in it's worse state for a decade. Producing anything is unnecessary it seems.

Meanwhile we grant more visas to Chinese business people who would like to come and spend some time here, rather than face up to the fact that trading been halted 2 days in the past week, by the market dipping more that 7% on 2 occasions.

Much concern to Mr Osborne is that the BOE may put interest rates up, which may affect mortgage payers, who are leveraged to levels previously only experienced by Archimedes.

I thin he is winging it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X