• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So it's Black Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for Sonos speakers on a deal. If anyone spots any, let me know.
    Black, 1/3/5
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Awesome, the waiting list feature worked... I got my Glenlivet 18 for £39.99 free Prime delivery.

Then I selected "no rush delivery" and got a £3 credit. £37 is an absolute steal. I should've bought two!
      It does seem astonishingly cheap.

Not as cheap as some Aldi stuff I bought last night that was recommended to me as "tasting like a 60 quid scotch". Not tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        Not as cheap as some Aldi stuff I bought last night that was recommended to me as "tasting like a 60 quid scotch hooker". Not tried it yet.
        FTFY
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          It does seem astonishingly cheap.

Not as cheap as some Aldi stuff I bought last night that was recommended to me as "tasting like a 60 quid scotch". Not tried it yet.
          There's actually some interesting looking ones in Lidl right now

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/ta...ited-releases/

Prices range £30-35 for the blends (which sound quite interesting actually) to £50 for the 28-year old (28?!) Speyside.

I'm dubious the ages can be right... a 34-year old blend?!

And you'd have to buy blind, which would be idiotic
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There's actually some interesting looking ones in Lidl right now

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/ta...ited-releases/

Prices range £30-35 for the blends (which sound quite interesting actually) to £50 for the 28-year old (28?!) Speyside.

I'm dubious the ages can be right... a 34-year old blend?!

And you'd have to buy blind, which would be idiotic

Yes, I'm sure they're lying about the ages, because you know better right?
            Buying blind is not idiotic, it's fun, exciting and a bit risky. (Spending £80 blind might be a bit unwise but £30? Worth a punt)

Risk is part of the game.
            Last edited by LucidDementia; 27 November 2015, 10:56.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I don't have a problem with buying blind, it's when you drink it and go blind that I start to worry.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I don't have a problem with buying blind, it's when you drink it and go blind that I start to worry.
                Ha. Buying something from a distillery you like is one thing. Buying from somewhere you've never heard of, a special edition only for Lidl, which is improbably cheap, raises a warning sign.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ha. Buying something from a distillery you like is one thing. Buying from somewhere you've never heard of, a special edition only for Lidl, which is improbably cheap, raises a warning sign.
                  Yes, but everything in Lidl is improbably cheap isn't it. That's kinda their business model.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I note Amazon are doing discounts on their own kit... £35 for the cheap Fire tablet, £80 for a Kindle paperwhite. Those seem like genuine discounts.

Also... £35!
                    I need it for ... business purposes ... to read invoices

Comment

Black Friday; a concept invented by Americans where they'll trample over each other to get to the bargains only one day after celebrating being grateful for what they have.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X