• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear...Aitport charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Just because it works for most people doesn't mean literally nobody can avoid driving. Equally, the fact you can't get a bus for your 6am flight doesn't mean the whole scheme should be scrapped.

I guess in an ideal world they might only have the fee in peak hours (say 8am-8pm) but it's only a couple of quid.
    It fails to work for the majority. I can drive to Manchester airport in about 40 mins - much longer in the rush hour, but 40 mins when it's quiet. Compare that to a trip involving walk - bus - tram - train and a long walk form the train station at the airport if you are going to T1 or T3. Along with luggage and assuming that everything connects. It's simple to see that public transport fails to work for trips to the airport - look at the vast amounts of expensive parking on site and further out (jetparks and the like). Add to that the numbers dropped off by taxi or friends/family. I'd argue that the numbers actually arriving by public transport will be tiny in comparison to the numbers arriving using other modes.

Public transport in the north west is tulipe!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

40 minutes and then someone has to drive the car back.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X