• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "Autumn Statement 2015" AKA "End of Contracting" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me get this straight,

All things being equal (2 year rule etc) as long as my business operates outside IR35, even if contracted via an agency (myco - agent - client) I should be able to still pay T&S?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Eh? The text clearly indicates that ER will be effectively nuked for PSCs - when it's announced clearly it would take immediate effect to prevent people from shutting down companies - this is my opinion, not a financial or legal advice.
      Starting with a consultation, by EOY.

I suspect this will then become law April 2016.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        So let me get this straight,

All things being equal (2 year rule etc) as long as my business operates outside IR35, even if contracted via an agency (myco - agent - client) I should be able to still pay T&S?
        That is my understanding, yes.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          So all that huff and puff and doom and gloom in the other thread was a complete waste of time and angst.

ha ha gotta see the funny side.
          you want to see my rash ? still, eh.

make me so angry that I want to invoice twice as fast and three times as often
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            That is my understanding, yes.
            Sweet.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Well, I want him to raise taxes in order to provide for a more equitable society, in which the NHS is adequately funded, and assistance is available to the disadvantaged. But I'm given to understand that I'm a bit of an outlier on here
              yeah because of vicious Tory cuts we don't have enough money to spend on services.

UK Government spending – real and as % of GDP | Economics Help

What does the government spend its money on? | Economics Help

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Starting with a consultation, by EOY. I suspect this will then become law April 2016.
                Yes, and take into account two things:

1) when this change is announced it would be immediate from midnight that day
                2) liquidating company isn't exactly something you can do in 24 hours

You may not even have time to finish it before next budget is announced.

Comment

So what happened? I had to go out for an hour. Have I missed the apocalypse?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

delayed until 2017/18 ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...Accessible.pdf

Page 118, labelled as Page 112 - point 18
                    Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 25 November 2015, 15:45.

Comment

So ER is toast, and T&S is fine as long as you're outside IR35.

I wonder where this leaves people working through umbrellas? Does it mean they have to now jump through all the same IR35 hoops to be able to claim expenses?
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X