• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie HR Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie HR Issue

So there's a permie I work with who has some problems with a colleague. Permie, let's call him Steve used to work for Team Leader, Brian, they never got on working together but all seemed good when Steve got promoted lead another team.

Brian is now going round spreading lies, eg. A new permie was hired to replace Steve and during induction had a day with Steve as handover. New guy quit the next day as he realised the career shift was wrong. Brian is telling everyone Steve had a massive argument with new guy.

Loads of other bitching going on about Steve and everyone that Brian doesn't like. Director has said to stop acting like school girls but nothings changed.

No paper or electronic evidence unfortunately. No HR department either. Too many permies afraid of speaking against Brian as he would make their lives miserable if he stayed.

Anyone had a similar experience and know how to sort this out without putting voice recorders on everyone?

It's very simple. Stay contracting, keep working, keep invoicing.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Unless you are a permie, or it stops your timesheets being approved, it's not your problem.

Keep out of it and keep invoicing.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Unless your name is Brian, Steve or the Director - why are you trying to solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Unless your name is Brian, Steve or the Director - why are you trying to solve this?
          Indeed.

So, if you're:
          Steve - potentially sue for defamation
          Brian - create some evidence
          The Director - get a HR department
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scoi View Post
            so there's a permie i work with who has some problems with a colleague. Permie, let's call him steve used to work for team leader, brian, they never got on working together but all seemed good when steve got promoted lead another team.

Brian is now going round spreading lies, eg. A new permie was hired to replace steve and during induction had a day with steve as handover. New guy quit the next day as he realised the career shift was wrong. Brian is telling everyone steve had a massive argument with new guy.

Loads of other bitching going on about steve and everyone that brian doesn't like. Director has said to stop acting like school girls but nothings changed.

No paper or electronic evidence unfortunately. No hr department either. Too many permies afraid of speaking against brian as he would make their lives miserable if he stayed.

Anyone had a similar experience and know how to sort this out without putting voice recorders on everyone?
            WGAF.

HTH.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I agree with the consensus - keep your neb out....

Comment

I see. I'm involved as Steve is actually my girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
                  I see. I'm involved as Steve is actually my girlfriend.
                  Oh. I can see that it could be tricky for you then.

Going to be Stephanie post op, or......
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Is Brian a girl and this is handbags at dawn per chance?

Can you confirm Dawns gender as well please.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X