• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    No they don't. They could probably double the turnover if website was different
    Nope, the point is not to make something people like, it's to make something people remember.

The reaction they are after is "The site is crazy but the service is great, I got a realy good deal..."

And the service is good, I asked for a lease quote earlier today. I get an email from a named individual about 10 minutes later to confirm the details and ask a couple of other questions, and a quick response (2 minutes) to my reply. Now off looking for the best deal for what I asked for, should have it back later today.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

OK but i entered the website, looked at it and immediately clicked "back" when i was looking for leased car. Now when discussing it, i see the guy is celebrity, and somewhat known, on tv etc. Its fine, not my business
      Ling is a she not a guy...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Ling is a she not a guy...

But according to marketing gurus, she is a he and the website doesn't work.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No they don't. They could probably double the turnover if website was different
          And you think this was the first and only leasing firm I looked at? All those other sites with their corporate look and feel and sameness didn't get my business
          Last edited by gables; 22 October 2015, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Nope, the point is not to make something people like, it's to make something people remember.

The reaction they are after is "The site is crazy but the service is great, I got a realy good deal..."

And the service is good, I asked for a lease quote earlier today. I get an email from a named individual about 10 minutes later to confirm the details and ask a couple of other questions, and a quick response (2 minutes) to my reply. Now off looking for the best deal for what I asked for, should have it back later today.
            If my experience is any to go by, you'll get a great service, the comms was first rate.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
              And you think this was the first and only leasing firm I looked at? All those other sites with their corporate look and feel and sameness didn't get my business
              I won't do business with them, just to prove my point

Comment

I won't do business with them, just to prove my point

Actually, you've proved their point.

You have made an emotional decision not based on good financial sense.

You have said "I will spend more money on businesses that pump millions into marketing budgets to come up with this week's "right" buzzwords and "right" layout, because that is more important than a good price for a good product backed up with good customer service.

Why spend £30,000 on a car when you can spend £40,000 on the same car but with poorer service - that extra £10,000 is worth the snazzy website.

Not everyone is shallow and falls for the marketing BS.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Actually, you've proved their point.

You have made an emotional decision not based on good financial sense.

You have said "I will spend more money on businesses that pump millions into marketing budgets to come up with this week's "right" buzzwords and "right" layout, because that is more important than a good price for a good product backed up with good customer service.

Why spend £30,000 on a car when you can spend £40,000 on the same car but with poorer service - that extra £10,000 is worth the snazzy website.

Not everyone is shallow and falls for the marketing BS.
                  Nah its fine, I found their prices expensive and proceeding with that bmw posted earlier. I asked them if I must take it on business because I don't want to pay BIK. Will see..

Comment

Nah its fine, I found their prices expensive and proceeding with that bmw posted earlier. I asked them if I must take it on business because I don't want to pay BIK. Will see..

You described it earlier as being "£150+vat for 2 years". It's £153+vat with 29 months of payments for 24 months of lease. That means £4437.00 + VAT for the 24 months (or £221.85 per month inc VAT)

The site you were using offers the same car on personal contract - should you have spent 5 minutes looking for it...

http://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/car-leasing/deals/bmw/3-series/gran-turismo-hatchback-320i-m-sport-5dr-business-media/business/587828/

24 months (3+23) based on 8,000mpa...

£1,486.04 up front, £495.35 per month (Inc VAT)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You described it earlier as being "£150+vat for 2 years". It's £153+vat with 29 months of payments for 24 months of lease. That means £4437.00 + VAT for the 24 months (or £221.85 per month inc VAT)

The site you were using offers the same car on personal contract - should you have spent 5 minutes looking for it...

http://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/car-leasing/deals/bmw/3-series/gran-turismo-hatchback-320i-m-sport-5dr-business-media/business/587828/

24 months (3+23) based on 8,000mpa...

£1,486.04 up front, £495.35 per month (Inc VAT)
                      i know. Any idea how to snatch this business deal and not pay BIK ?

If we are fighting on math lets compare :
                      3 years old BMW 5 bought for 17000 on loan 15k and 2k own cash (note that bmw 3 GT cost about 22k)
                      approx 1700 interest on credit @ 5years
                      2 year resale value @ 10000 miles per year - 12k
                      loss over 2 years: £6700

total cost of leasing (based on your figures: 5304...

and on leasing I can have new car, with color i want and get new one after 2 years again. I think this is first case I see where numbers vote for leasing
                      Last edited by diseasex; 22 October 2015, 13:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X